Game Hints / Tips

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
mxcobra

Post by mxcobra »

Im happy to see this has peak the interest of some of the MCM2 / MXU guys from twisteddirt.com ...

Paul, You have lots a talent making tracks.. And I agree with you on this gaming having the chance at going big..

Hats off to josh.

This guys seems to make changes to the game based on peoples in put here. Im sure he has months and months into the AI alone !
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

I don't think there's any usertracks released just yet. I'm halfway though with mine right now. Not really sure how well mcm disps would work, but the few mva ones I've tried don't work that great. Way too different physics. You can also forget riding rough tracks, the bike is totally uncontrollable even with a slight roughness, at least right now. *wink wink jlv* :wink:

I've found out though that the front end washing out too often can be somewhat controlled by changing the friction settings when making tracks. I've yet to achieve optimal values but the riding is improved already.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
rewrew421
Team: Privateer

Post by rewrew421 »

Anonymous wrote:i dont know if im having the same problem as you, but i do think the jumping in the game is off by alot, its pretty unrealistic when you land alittle sideways and crash or highside, it just gets very frustrating, hope there is a way to fix that

try a lower stabability, i had this problem before but not that i ride at around 55-60 i rarely crash on landings even if there side ways a little(except before the finish that jump gets me every time xD)
ElDiablo (Paul) wrote: Also...I have YET to receive a response or password from my PM to JLV regarding the track editing.
hes not giving anymore out, sorry
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Paul: It sounds like the game is working correctly, but you might want to make sure your controller is calibrated correctly. If it's a little off center it will really mess things up.

What I think a lot of people don't realize is that MX Simulator's physics really are realistic, and are actually so realistic they can predict things that happen in real life. For instance, you applaud me for including a swap effect, but the thing is, I didn't! All I did was realistically simulate the momentum, intertia, and friction that would happen in real life. The swap just happens naturally when you do that.

But you are right about the sales. Arcade physics will definitely be required for the maximum audience. (But I have to admit, it's going to make me cringe to force the bike around by violating the laws of physics.)

Shadow: I'm hoping that better rider motion will help for rough tracks. As it is now, the rider is almost a statue on the bike. He can move up and down but that's it. With more natural motion the rider will let the bike pivot back and forth and hopefully soak up the bumps better.
billybob

Post by billybob »

Phathry25 wrote:Running 25% stability. Front and rear anti-locks, but I don't think the rear anti-lock works. The RM really does seem to be faster. Kinda wish I had a speedometer so I had an easy way to check and see just how hard I am railing a berm, I can feel when I hit it just right, but I want to see how much I am really picking up.

I agree about the RMZ, it really does seem faster, i find i can steer with the rear wheel more on the Suzuki, it'll slid out of a corner where the others won't break loose.

Is that intentional?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The 250f's all use the same geometry and masses. The 125's also share the same geometry/mass. Each bike has it's own power curve and gear ratios. I use the dyno charts from Transworld MX to get the power numbers.

The fastest bike should be the 2008 CRF. The next fastest is the 2007 RMZ, for some reason the 2008 RMZ lost power compared with the previous year.
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

something i would like to see in the full version that doesn't really need to be tested in the demo is and upgrade system and tuning tuning as minor as gear rations and suspension would be fine for me. One that i would most like to see (above many) in conjunction with the tuning would be exhaust systems, instead of just adding power be more specific as to were it would be added, bottom, mid, or top. That would make gear ratios more important.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
kawa77

Post by kawa77 »

im sure many people have asked this question...
but just to clarify....
HOW DO YOU WHIP AND SCRUB!!!

i mean when you angle it of the face of a jump its whips n all but getting it back is an absolute buggerit just goes all over the place in mid air

any tips
would be much appreciated

matty (kawa77)
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

my technique or at least the easiest is just do as you've said but after you leave the face of the jump let go completely of the turning button and it usually auto levels just as most people instinctively do it in real life :)

Again this is probably the next step in bike control, if i were you i would follow these steps

get a lap time under 70-75 second range

learn the jumps really well and learn the limits of bike control, hit the jumps at different speeds, different angles, and even different spots on some jumps. Alaways keep a steady throttle as you approach a jump and hold the throttle steady until both wheels have left the ground.

Now your ready to begin whiping, come out of the corner hard on the throttle slowly return to neutral lean angle and then right before take off lean into a whip and it should come around, then just let off and it should recenter itself(but not always)

just takes practice hope it helps :)
Last edited by rewrew421 on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
kawa77

Post by kawa77 »

rewrew421 wrote:my technique or at least the easiest is just do as you've said but after you leave the face of the jump let go completely of the turning button and it usually auto levels just as most people instinctively do it in real life :)
Ahh Ryt... Well thanks man

usually whiipin ya hav to kinda bringin back ureself, aswell as instinctively so i think thats where i was goin rong

thnks
matty
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

updated my post to be more specific :)
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

that helped me out ty rew