Game Hints / Tips

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
VRT_JPRLisbon_

Post by VRT_JPRLisbon_ »

Clik on Tab key to change the view.
ElDiablo (Paul)
Team: Privateer

Post by ElDiablo (Paul) »

I am having ZERO luck or fun trying this game. First of all...why the hell does it just fall down all the damned time?!

I tried it before and although I couldn't turn worth a damn...I could at least ride some. I can't get to the first turn before the bike just falls over...the minute I get up...it falls over again.

I've tried messing with the settings and nothing changes. I voluteered to make tracks for the game (have yet to get my password) but testing is going to be IMPOSSIBLE if I can't even ride!

Any help?!
Sincerely,

Paul Valenti - Guitar/Vocals - RiverGard
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

just takes practice :) try about 90 stabability first then slowly go down
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
ElDiablo (Paul)

I've tried everything including 100% stability. The game doesn't work...or the bike doesn't anyway.

No matter what I do it falls over just sitting waiting for the gate to drop! Got to be the game...cause I can play any game I want to on this PC with ZERO issues (including very demanding games). So again....any suggestions (other than the one that seems to be more and more likely which is just forget about using the game)?
Sincerely,

Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

have you clicked the 'automatic sit/dab' to on?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
BoNalls

Post by BoNalls »

ElDiablo (Paul) wrote:I've tried everything including 100% stability. The game doesn't work...or the bike doesn't anyway.

No matter what I do it falls over just sitting waiting for the gate to drop! Got to be the game...cause I can play any game I want to on this PC with ZERO issues (including very demanding games). So again....any suggestions (other than the one that seems to be more and more likely which is just forget about using the game)?
lol paul.... are you holding the clutch button down?
ElDiablo (Paul)

of course not! lol

I've tried changing the settings and that only seems to work the very first time you set up the bike. Further changes don't seem to actually take effect although they are indicated in the menu (it shows you selected them). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a half-dozen times (including deleting the saved game and config files) and I can get back to ZERO...which is ZERO control. But even if I do that I can't really race the game. When I change to anything other than 100% stability the bike falls over and then starts a bout of not wanting to stand up long enough to take off. Even if I check auto/dab it doesn't help with this. I can't make the thing corner to save my life. Even if I stop in a corner I can't make the turn. This needs a LOT more tweaking to be close to marketable. If the programmer plans to charge for this eventually (which I am sure he would like to do) then it's got be able to be picked up and played by anybody. As it sits now...the only thing I can do with it is watch the demo!

I've changed controls and tried using my gamepad...and that doesn't help much either. The bike just plain falls over WAY too easily and there needs to be a LOT better turning before you can really call this a SIM. It might help if I could see the bike...but probably not nearly enough to make this playable yet. I'll be watching for future versions. As it sits now (and this is about as bad as it gets) MX vs ATV Unleashed is still way more fun to play and in my opinion a whole lot more realistic.
Sincerely,

mxcobra

Post by mxcobra »

I had the same issue, I then put the beer down ;-)

Just kidding... Its got to be something really basic.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If you set stability to 90 and just hit the throttle without touching the steering, how far do you get before you fall? If it doesn't just keep going without falling like that something is wrong.
ElDiablo (Paul)

yeah it doesn't get far if I mess with the stability at all really. If I set it at 100 then I can't make ANY of the turns...and if I try to brave it out I get pissed and lose interest because I can't get lined up and back on the track. I spend as much time lost trying to get back to the track as I do riding ON the track.

Obvioulsy I've tried just about everything from reducing the graphic detail to uninstalling/reinstalling all files, to playing with all the game and bike settings and nothing seems to work. I am running a P4 3.0Ghz w/ 1gb of PC2 3200 DDR2 through a BFG GeForce 7900 GTOC 256mb card on Windows Vista Business 32-bit version. I can run every game I've tried except this one. I'm sure I must be having an unusual problem. But as it goes now...I can't really play the game at all.
Sincerely,

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Did you test it exactly like that? On Rabbit Hill, with stability 90, you waited for the gate to drop, hit the throttle and held it without touching any other keys, and it fell over?
ElDiablo (Paul)

no not exactly...if I put it on 90 on Rabbit Hill and just hit the gas it'll go straight...once I try to turn it just falls over and starts the 'fall 'O death' spiral (as I affectionately call it)! lol
Sincerely,

rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

can you show us a video? (gamecam.com maybe or just google game cam)
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"

Post by Guest »

i dont know if im having the same problem as you, but i do think the jumping in the game is off by alot, its pretty unrealistic when you land alittle sideways and crash or highside, it just gets very frustrating, hope there is a way to fix that
ElDiablo (Paul)

Well...from my perspective the turning is problem number 1. However...there is also no foward/backward control and that is definitely problem number 2. From there I'd have to say that your problem with swapping might come up next. While I applaud the programmer for including this (as it has been mysteriously left out of EVER other MX game in history) I think it happens a bit too easily and things like this and the other two problems I mentioned definitely impact the FUN FACTOR.

If you want BIG sales...then that is a BIG problem.

Having said that...if you happen to read this...how long have you been working on this so far? I would imagine that it's quite a lot of time put in this far. This game definitely has a LOT of potential.

Are there any user-made tracks available yet (maybe on this forums...I haven't actually looked yet) and has anyone got any experience with making tracks yet? Has anyone tried taking an MVA, MCM2 or MCM1 displacement map and sticking it in here? Does it ride those OK?

Also...I have YET to receive a response or password from my PM to JLV regarding the track editing.
Sincerely,