Gaming laptops

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
dylan22

Gaming laptops

Post by dylan22 »

Hey, I jus had the unfortunate incident of my laptop dying, and as its near my birthday i thought i'd invest in buying a decent laptop for this game and try get the best outta it. since injury has stopped me doing anything except playin this amazing game.

so anyone with a good gaming laptop. or anyone in the know. would be cool if they would be kind enough to lead me onto the right track with some laptops. i dont really wanna spend much more then $2000 AUS. but i wanna be able to run full graphics.

thanks for your time, hope you can help.

Cheers

MotoRockstar777
Team: Privateer

Re: Gaming laptops

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

You could try these there the australia websites since thats what you would probly need.
http://www.alienware.com.au/
http://www.asus.com.au/index.aspx
MX196

Post by MX196 »

I have an HP and I can run full graphics on it. (When im playing by myself on some tracks. Not Glen Helen) But I will recomend on of those.
mx191

Post by mx191 »

i wouldn't recommend getting an asus although it is great and i can run full graphics all the time, i have run into problems with it only bcuz of mxs and only when im playing mxs but not all the time, i would not suggest it just from experience.
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

I have an Emachine laptop, OS Windows 7 , it runs fine, smooth with games.It runs perfect for me, but im not so sure its reccomended
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

mx191 wrote:i wouldn't recommend getting an asus although it is great and i can run full graphics all the time, i have run into problems with it only bcuz of mxs and only when im playing mxs but not all the time, i would not suggest it just from experience.
i have an asus. what problems have u been having? I've had mine over a year now and have had no problems what so ever. I was running full graphics all through the SX season. These outdoors series have been a bit harder on my computer though.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

I have the older version of this laptop, this newer version has a better GFX card than than mine (nvidia 9800M GTS~CUDA vs nvidia GTX260M)for about the same that I paid. I can run full GFX at about 50fps, but if I turn OFF framebuffer objects I can run full GFX at most tracks with no less than 58 FPS going up to around 80 FPS.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... etailspecs
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

gaming and laptops dont ever cross in the same sentence without breaking the piggy bank. Id suggest spending 1k on awesome desktop and buy a cheapy laptop for mobile use.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Thanks for the imput so far its been awesome.

i went to a shop today and had a look at some computers and i am leaning towards either of these

HP pavilion dv6-3030tx notebook

2.53GHz processor
4GB ram
640Gb HDD
15.6 Display
Intel core 5
$1099
HP pavilion dv6-3032tx notebook

1.6GHz processor
6GB ram
640gb HDD
15.6 display
intel core 7
$1394

I am leaning towards the second onc but it has a smaller GHz processor. is that important? what should i be looking for.

Both have 1GB dedicated graphics

thanks for the help
MotoRockstar777

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

i think the bigger processor would be better because mx simulator requires 1.5ghz. My laptop has the intel core i5 proccesor with 2.53ghz and 4gb of ram and intel graphics media accelorator hd graphics card, at least thats what i think its called. Im not able to run shader programs on mx simulator but i can turn everthing else up and it doesnt lag. I think photoshop requires 2ghz proccesor im not sure on that though. I dont know but i think the bigger proccesor is better but im sure though.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Both of those laptops have good graphics processors (Radeon 5650 with 1 GB of memory). As for the CPU's, the Core i7 has 4 cores vs the i5's 2 cores. The i7 might be a little faster on very parallel workloads, but for most stuff (including MX Sim) I'd want the faster clocked i5.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

thanks for all your help so far its been good. so JLV with the i5 will i be able to run shaders smoothly?

thanks everyone
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The shaders run on the graphics processor, not the CPU. The Radeon on that laptop should run them fine.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

alright thanks. your the man. not only do you make this game better and better, your helplful to. appreciate it tons
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

sorry but man i cant decide

HP Pavillion Desktop Package
Intel Core i5-650 3.2ghz CPU
DVD Supermulti
TV Tuner

21.5 Inch Screen
4 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
Win 7 Home Premium
ATI Radeon HD 5450 With 1GB Dedicated

would that ^^ be better then both the laptops i put in my previous posts?

sorry just really wanna get a good deal. hope someone can help