Setup for whips

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Arran34
Team: Privateer

Setup for whips

Post by Arran34 »

Before I start - sorry if this has been asked before.

I was watching a few videos of some guys throwing some whips round Scrub or Dead, and wondered what kind of setup you run to make them look so realistic??

Heres my demo, have a watch and tell me what I'm doing wrong :lol:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t90b2eo1bgpjdgq

Thanks!
Servatis

Re: Setup for whips

Post by Servatis »

I was very bad at them when i started.
but over time i started getting better at them.
I dont think anyone can give you a magic setup or tips that will make you whip like the best. like everything in MXS it takes practice.
only thing I can think of that might make a big difference is turning up steering strength and max steering force
my whips still aren't the biggest, but it gets better as i practice.

one thing i can tell you, start small.
just slightly whipping the back end out on small table tops can really help you get a feeling for it. then just start building on that. Steadily go bigger and soon you will be landing big whips 9 out of 10 times.
whips aren't just about steering and counter steering, leaning and throttle control play an equal part. Even shift up or down in combination with throttle control can make it much easier to bring a big whip back sometimes.

hardly anyone has the exact same technique for whipping, so just whip in the way you feel comfortable and eventually they will become bigger.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
squirrelboy86
Team: SD | Action Suzuki

Post by squirrelboy86 »

Servatis wrote:I was very bad at them when i started.
but over time i started getting better at them.
I dont think anyone can give you a magic setup or tips that will make you whip like the best. like everything in MXS it takes practice.
only thing I can think of that might make a big difference is turning up steering strength and max steering force
my whips still aren't the biggest, but it gets better as i practice.

one thing i can tell you, start small.
just slightly whipping the back end out on small table tops can really help you get a feeling for it. then just start building on that. Steadily go bigger and soon you will be landing big whips 9 out of 10 times.
whips aren't just about steering and counter steering, leaning and throttle control play an equal part. Even shift up or down in combination with throttle control can make it much easier to bring a big whip back sometimes.

hardly anyone has the exact same technique for whipping, so just whip in the way you feel comfortable and eventually they will become bigger.

and u forgot to mention to use a lower than normal stability for your whips
Roy Mitchell wrote:I got cockblocked by the refrigerator
Click for go fast.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

back brake drag can produce some wicked whips, although it takes more coordination then I typically have.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.