MX Simulator Crack

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Re: MX Simulator Crack

Post by FactoryBR21 »

I did , who never did ?
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

FactoryBR21 wrote:your exemple was totally stupid! seriously
before the key comes more than half of this community even very important members ( I know whatim talking about) Had the cracked game and im saying its a lot of people, if wasnt the big ammount of ilegal version we had in this game nobody would ever buy it ;)
The only reasson a lot of people bought it at began was because they had a change to see what the game was like before buying it
There were plenty of honest users back then. Since I tried to defend you the least you could do is not try to justify people violating my copyright.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Sorry Jlv , i didnt mean exactly that but yes sorry i was wrong! also it was the most worth dollars i ever spent lol
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
twentythreemx

Post by twentythreemx »

yzmxer608 wrote:So you're admitting you have cracked almost every game you have ever had? :?
no i just dont play many games at all.. never wanted to waste money for something id never do..

even though i dont play this much, it was worth it for the little time i spend playing it.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

Everyone always assumes that people pirate software instead of buying it. Has anyone considered the possibility that pirates download software illegally, as an alternative to simply not having it at all? If someone thinks that price X is too much to pay for product Y, particularly if they are unsure of how much they'll like it once they get the full deal, they would be very hesitant to cough up and buy the thing. This is surely compounded for the demographic that started the whole pirating thing, namely, starving college students. The whole mentality is summed up by the phrase, "I want that a lot, but DAMN!" In such a case, you can't say its theft, because the developer hasn't lost a single cent. They weren't going to get that person's money unless something spectacular happened (bonus at work, inheritance, prophetic vision of how much they'll enjoy the game, etc.)

I don't think this is the case in all situations, of course. If it were, you could simply set it up so people can download the game from this site for free, and then pay you for it when they realize it was really worth it. Obviously, that's not ever going to work, because there are ALSO pirates who are willing and able to pay price X, but would simply prefer to get it for free, and therefore do. In a case like that, I would still hesitate to call it theft on a technicality, but it is immoral. I mean, if someone offers you a beer in exchange for helping them move to a new house, and then you do so and receive no beer, it's not theft, that person is just an asshole.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
gordy

Post by gordy »

The developers are investing their resources into the program, and as thus are expecting a theoretical income as a result. By taking the software without paying, you are taking their resources without returning an income for them. I would definately consider that theft.
instupitious.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I can't believe there are so many people in this thread trying to justify stealing software..... its outrageous.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
rewrew421

Post by rewrew421 »

Pirated software- there is no excuse for useing it and thats the bottom line. People, sometimes many other times just one, spend there very valuable time, hard earned money, and god given talent to bring us the software we use.

Oh and hey guys, just passing through long time no see ;P
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

Let's think about this for a second, and do a thought experiment.

Imagine that someone invests their time and effort and creates a game, okay. However, zero people buy the game, which obviously isn't enough to make a return on the investment. Let's look at two different scenarios where this could have happened. Scenario one, pirating simply does not exist anywhere on the planet, and people don't buy the game because they can't afford it, or don't think it's worth it, for whatever reason. These are the first group from my post before, NOT the second group. We are assuming that they don't exist, in this example. The developer doesn't make any return on their investment, and goes broke. Now imagine the same scenario, except pirating does exist. Again, zero people buy the game. But, this time, a thousand people download it and play it. Again, the developer goes broke.

Now, what is the difference between the two scenarios? The developer in this case wasn't going to get a dime either way, so what does it matter if people use the game or not? The amount of resources and time invested in the game, namely, the cost to him, were NOT affected by the existence of pirating, given these scenarios.

Of course, that is assuming that all people fall into category one, that being people who would either pirate the game, or not have it at all. They either deny the developer his revenue by pirating, or deny him his revenue by not using the software. We don't call it stealing if someone doesn't buy a game, but that was this person's alternative. I believe there are people who are in this category, probably a statistically significant number of people.

HOWEVER, there are people who would pay for the game, but simply don't want to. For all intents and purposes, they are stealing.

And look at the fashion industry, for example. Designers work long and hard creating pieces of clothing that are original and that they think will catch on. Then they put them on sale for a price X, and some people pay it, and some people don't. But then, because there are no intellectual property laws in fashion, Wal Mart "pirates" the design for zero cost to them, reproduces it, and charges 1/50th of X for it. When you buy the original, you're paying for the material and capital (thread, workers in china, etc.) to make it, but also the design work. If that's too much for you, you don't buy the thing. But at Wal Mart, you aren't paying anything for the design, you're just paying material and capital. The same thing happens when people "pirate" software. The fact that it's free simply stems from the fact that data is immaterial and so material and capital costs equate to zero (unless you want to count the work done by the original pirate, for which he is not compensated, fortunately.)

However, if you go to the designer store and take an article of clothing that is charged at X but only pay 1/50th X to cover material and capital (which is what you pay when you download pirated software, remember) then you are committing theft.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
gordy

Post by gordy »

I'd say it's more akin to rocking up to a dior store and taking the stuff off the shelves without paying. Also, I fail to see how intellectual property theft i.e. Stealing peoples ideas is okay.
instupitious.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

JETZcorp wrote:Let's think about this for a second, and do a thought experiment.

Imagine that someone invests their time and effort and creates a game, okay. However, zero people buy the game, which obviously isn't enough to make a return on the investment. Let's look at two different scenarios where this could have happened. Scenario one, pirating simply does not exist anywhere on the planet, and people don't buy the game because they can't afford it, or don't think it's worth it, for whatever reason. These are the first group from my post before, NOT the second group. We are assuming that they don't exist, in this example. The developer doesn't make any return on their investment, and goes broke. Now imagine the same scenario, except pirating does exist. Again, zero people buy the game. But, this time, a thousand people download it and play it. Again, the developer goes broke.

Now, what is the difference between the two scenarios? The developer in this case wasn't going to get a dime either way, so what does it matter if people use the game or not? The amount of resources and time invested in the game, namely, the cost to him, were NOT affected by the existence of pirating, given these scenarios.
Seems to me there's a big difference. In the first scenario the author's rights weren't violated. I'm surprised you wouldn't understand how the principle of it matters. If the only people playing were those who do not respect my rights, I'd be happier if no one had the game at all.

Consider GNU licensed software. It's free, but the license requires you to share your modifications. Would you say I should be able to violate that contract because it doesn't cost them any money?

Anyway, it's a moot point because half the pirates are riding around on $7,000 bikes and pay $12 at the gate and $30 per class to race every weekend. I've actually received more than one email asking for a free copy because they're broke after paying for a four stroke rebuild! I read them and think, "why should I be giving you gifts? You have a more expensive bike than I do!".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Not to mention this game is already a "steal" at 40 bucks a pop...free upgrades all the time for it too? psh
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

And all of the content is free.... It's like free DLC's for xbox or ps3.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I'd spend $40 again if I had to, one of the single greatest video games I've ever played.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

ddmx wrote:I'd spend $40 again if I had to, one of the single greatest video games I've ever played.