berm moving

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
moorin

berm moving

Post by moorin »

just wondering how hard would it be to change the erosion so it builds mud up around the track and forms decent berms that move lap by lap or if you rail into a berm it changes everytime because the tyres have moved the mud? or maybe make decent ruts on the face of jumps or big brakin bumps that form? or have instead of permanent tyre marks on tracks your bikes actually make the tyre marks as you go around on the mud decal? i thought these ideas would make a huge difference in the realsim because if you go on many of the tracks people have made the tyre marks stay the same when in fact they should be not there until your bike makes them.
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Re: berm moving

Post by mace-x »

that´s implemented, just add --erode 1.0
:lol:
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

i think ruts and breaking bumps has to be softer, small sand bumps shouldnt feel like rocks when coming in to a corner
moorin

Post by moorin »

i know you can you can use erode i just think the way it works isn't very relatic has it makes a trough and then the mud that has being taken away just dissapears as if in sinking sand when infact it should be piled up into berms and ruts if you get me? i think how round the profile of the erosion is aswell isnt very good and its also very deep to say usually a motocross bike only takes off a small amount fo dirt at a time and certainly doesn't make a smooth round trough in the ground :lol:
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

I was wondering also if you could make it so the track has a sort of lod.

Like, lap 1 would be perfect, and lap 20 would be a created version of the track, that's beat to hell.

So, for every lap you make a new terrain.png, but have them set to lod so they change every lap. But, it wouldn't look to nice when you aren't the leader. Maybe a way to work it in slowly would be possible.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

i just use erode 0.1 and it does it in more of a slower realistic fashion... still wide and deep tho :x
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

If you erode an HD track, it will be half as wide.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, thats the problem. 1 pixel is 2 feet wide, so the thinnest rut possible with the normal sort of terrains is 2ft. If you put erode on and ride one of the HD supercross's, you'll get better results.
moorin

Post by moorin »

any chance of some hd national tracks? but even if the erode is on i think the ability to form tyre marks in the soil to only where you have being would be better because like in real life you would start with a nice groomed track and then you put tyre marks on it they don't appear automatically :lol:
frederick

Post by frederick »

im doing a hd national right now. im not sure the AI will ride it well though
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Same here. I've actually got a few going that will never be released.
moorin

Post by moorin »

any pictures guys? are they replicas? please someone do a sand track im dying to ride one.
frederick

Post by frederick »

Im still in learning stages, many parts of my track has been edited alot.
unfortunatley...(sp?) the ruts on the third pic arent showing, copy paste into your pictures gallery and then watch it from there and you will see
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I'd suggest doing ruts in a photo editor. Makes them MUCH nicer looking. Also makes them a lot narrower and realistic.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

i might try something for a hd mx... but i mean with the space given im not garunteeing its gunna be the prettyest thing ever
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.