2010-11-17 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

2010-11-17 snapshot

Post by jlv »

Changes:
  • Recovery from steering force reduction after front wheel/handlebar contact is now 4 times faster.
  • Much less force reduction for handlebar contact.
  • Slightly more force reduction for front wheel contact.
Windows users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2010-11-17.exe
Linux users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2010-11-17

Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Re: 2010-11-17 snapshot

Post by DJ99X »

Thats ridiculous now. A slight tap and your down.

There needs to be more taken into consideration with this penalty.

The effect should also be scaled by the collision force. If its a slight accidental tap that is not going to effect the other rider, you shouldn't be given the full penalty

Also, if the rider in front is on the ground, and you have no choice but to hit them, you shouldn't slap a penalty onto them at all.

And if you are feeling really generous, maybe you could disable the whole thing if the rider in front is a lapped rider. If they aren't obeying the blue flag, they need to be penalised somehow :mrgreen:
totorox

Post by totorox »

DJ99X wrote:And if you are feeling really generous, maybe you could disable the whole thing if the rider in front is a lapped rider. If they aren't obeying the blue flag, they need to be penalised somehow :mrgreen:
Hitting lapped riders will be the next game ;) In real world penality may be a black flag if lapped rider don't allow passage.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

Dj made a point, how hard would it be to set a code to make the lappers that have the "Blue Bar" go into some type of warmup mode / no collisional option while the blue bar is on their screen so that the leaders couldn't be affected by them ? This could be a good idea and a bad idea.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Overtaking lappers is a part of racing though. I actually find the max force penalty helps with lappers since when they run into you after you pass them they just fall over now. It's worse if you run into lappers yourself, but that's your own fault.
DJ99X wrote:Thats ridiculous now. A slight tap and your down.
In real life, I don't think I've ever seen someone give someone else a front wheel tap and stay upright. I know I've gotten too close and gone down before. The goal here is to make the racing more realistic. That means guarding your front wheel and watching out for brake checks instead of just barreling into people and praying.

Sweendoggy, if you read this I'd like to know if this version helps with the problems you brought up in the last topic. It should hold up better to side to side contact now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

you guys have to remember.. this IS a simulator. and in real life, lappers are a problem. i know they can be a pain in the ass, but still. thats racing.
russ190
Team: Privateer

Post by russ190 »

i have noticed on the us open track, when im sucking and getting the blue flag, the dot that signifies the leader isnt even near me. Mainly happens in the tunnel sections though. about lappers on that . Dunno if anyone else has noticed this. I check the map closely if im slow on a track cause i know how annoying it is to get around lappers
AUS_yzman
Team: AUS

Post by AUS_yzman »

Also if your being lapped by 2nd or 3rd place etc , does the radar change the colour of their dots so the lapper knows he is letting by a front runner and not just someone near him on his lap?
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

To Riders DOING the lapping, If you are lapping people you need to be just as, if not more, patient than when passing for position...Be very wary and careful passing, because it could cost you the race, it just brings more challenge to the game, which is good

To Riders GETTING lapped, just hold your line and don't do anything drastic. If the guy lapping you is following you, and runs into the back of you when you make a mistake, that is his own damn fault. All good riders should know that when you are following someone like that, their mistake becomes your mistake, they need to pass you by NOT following you. As long as you aren't swerving across the track (accidents happen no matter how good the system is), and as long as you don't block pass the leader in the next corner, or try to punt them off the track, you are fine. Don't worry about pulling over or anything, just ride, and be aware of the blue flag, don't hold up and race super hard with the leaders, but you don't have to bow down to them either.

I haven't tried this snapshot yet, I just got home from work and I have a Pre-Lab to do, but hopefully I'll finish early and try it out (assuming some people are actually online tonight!) Sounds like it should be an improvement though.

Also, I think that any issues with the collisions are going to be amplified with the US Open, and the US Open track...it is very tight, and very populated right now, keep that in mind.
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

Post by TBARRY34 »

My biggest pet peeve is once you pass the lappers they try to race you :(
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

I cant keep up with all these snap shots lol
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Would sure be slick to slip in 3rd person camera angle controls in one of these upcoming snapshots.......
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Along with a command to hide the chat while playing..
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Red619
Team: Privateer

Post by Red619 »

Garasaki wrote:Would sure be slick to slip in 3rd person camera angle controls in one of these upcoming snapshots.......

I thought everyone forgot about that. would be nice though, :cry:
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

As far as I can tell, this snapshot rocks. It seems so much better side to side collision wise. Good job JLV! you the man!