Best turning setup

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Best turning setup

Post by MXJProductions »

I am new to MXS, and have tried different setups, but just wondering if there are any setups that best suit turns........ sorry if this topic has been posted before , could not find any,.. i know there is a setup thread, but do not understand some of em...
Zane_Mx#88

Re: Best turning setup

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

If you lower the Slow Damping Factor in the Advanced stability menu, it should turn faster. Just get it where you want it.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Whats up Jeff ..Glad you finally came over :)
Ive found a good all around bike setup also helps you turn
There are some great ones in here
http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=1&t=4273

Also there are some really good tutorial vids on mx sim videos ...I think they were made by Butler not sure on that though
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

One important thing to ripping through corners, is you really have to anticipate the turn by leaning into it early. (rut or berm of course) As far as tight donuts, jlv's newer snapshots really made that easier than it was before.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

WOW this community rocks, I have never seen this sort of response from mxg-hq. I am soo glad I made the change, thank you guys, my biggest problem is setup I think,. once I find the best one for me , I am sure I can go from there with Bunches of practice. but my biggest issue right now, is when I go into a turn i start out fine, but i see myself sliding out, then it's like my rear tire just grabs and tosses me over the complete opposite way, basically swiping out... I have been watching hundreds of videos, then going in game trying to copy it lol. but yea eipc fail some of you guys are flat out amazing at this game... truly amazing watching the talent.. but thnx guys imme try some of these out, and see what I can do from there.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

You fcking dickhead, why starting a topic for this??
haha, just kidding ;).
It's a great community indeed, here and there a fight, but hey, where are there no fight's?

But if I was you I would try to search a suspension setup of a good/experianced rider. Then change some little things to make it personal.
And if you don't understand some numbers or namings for the setup (like I did) just ask it on a server or here or on some friends on msn who play mxsimulator.

That backwheel running away problem had I to. Just try to ride smooth and consistance, not fast or try to follow a faster person. Try to stick your wheel in a rut but take line's you feel good in and don't go to flat ofcourse :p.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Well i learned everything by practicing,just riding random tracks and stuff. It just needs time to be good at it,and don't rush :)
And personally i learned everything without any setup,was riding stock one (and i was pretty good with it) just after like half year i tried first setup lol

So i guess setup makes it a bit easier but not much tho
Welcome,this community is awesome i gotta tell you.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

I went with the stock one for quite a while as well but changed to an setup like 4months ago. training training you'll get there :)
Welcome to the community man!
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Slow damping factor in the advanced stability setup makes a big diff. I ride with stability in the low 30s or 20s (I find stability above 50 to be much harder to ride as the stabilizing forces are often unpredictable) then up that slow damping factor to like 2.

I like to run really high rebound damping in my suspension, and for improved turning, low spring rates. Spring rates in the 40s, with the rear stiffer then the front (shifting weight to the front wheel).

Your rider spring settings also make a big difference, IMO. You want the rider weight distribution low and the rider up over the front of the bike.

I find that, especially for SX, I give up some turning ability for the ability to jump further and keep the bike upright.

All in all, practice is really what counts. I think we all went thru this frustrated learning curve, I sure did...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.