2010 SX Track Competition - The Tracks

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Motoboss

Re: 2010 SX Track Competition - The Tracks

Post by Motoboss »

Sorry for double post

Thanks for helping me figure it ou but i was wrong ..It was 4 months ago when I posted this vid ...So it obviouse now Everyone new then what I was working on and were commenting on how much they loved the idea..

http://www.vimeo.com/14613974
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Motoboss wrote: 4 months ago

Originality doesn't last long nowadays. If you have an original idea, you've gotta stay ahead of the competition.

4 months is a long time to spend on a (still unfinished) track. Especially considering the visual component of Edmonton was punched out over the course of 2 days (finished with half an hour to spare)
DJD

Post by DJD »

yFMX wrote:The lip is not inverted. It's just that the tables are completely flat so you have to seat bounce to jump over the next jump.
You shouldn't have to seat bounce off a tabletop, In real life you compress the suspension by "stuffing" your weight into the suspension as you land, as the suspension unweights it "springs" you over

the next jump. Since we cant do that "weight and unweight" very well in MXS, its a good idea to give the table a little lip or slight curvature to compensate.

Its the realism/fun factor ratio, i think your track would have been much better without the flat table tops.

Its still awesome, the decals are a work of art, just don't like the tables. Kills my rhythm!
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

all sick tracks still cant get good lines on the yfmx's but to be honest havnt givin it much of a crack.
just like to give props to DJD for one again going against the grain and making something a heap different to everyone else. You really have a sense for realistic feel and rhytm. not taking anything away from anyone else im not saying DJD's is the best track just saying he's always showing the different side of the track making genius's out there.and no afraid to chuck in near impossible sections :) im sure youll get alot of whoop compliants but in my experience whoops are whoops and bumps are bumps and whoops are hard.!
yFMX
Team: Privateer

Post by yFMX »

DJD wrote:You shouldn't have to seat bounce off a tabletop, In real life you compress the suspension by "stuffing" your weight into the suspension as you land, as the suspension unweights it "springs" you over the next jump. Since we cant do that "weight and unweight" very well in MXS, its a good idea to give the table a little lip or slight curvature to compensate.
I know you don't seat bounce on/off tables in real life but since you can't really compress/preload the suspensions in mxs I thought seat bouncing would be the closest thing to real life. When you get used to it it's not difficult at all to jump over the next jump.
Also, the fastest lines are the lines that don't use the tables as on/offs.
Flamin32
Team: Privateer

Post by Flamin32 »

Sick! can't wait to try these out and be confronted with my lack of mxs skill :lol: , megaupload kinda sucks tho but it's downloadin steady.

Oh and shack there's memory sticks for downloadin at work? (shh don't tell the boss). :D
Jibby
Team: Orth Racing

Post by Jibby »

Is this going to be a public vote?
thommy_zee

Post by thommy_zee »

thanks dj99x for uploading tracks on mediafire!!!
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Motoboss wrote:Sorry for double post

Thanks for helping me figure it ou but i was wrong ..It was 4 months ago when I posted this vid ...So it obviouse now Everyone new then what I was working on and were commenting on how much they loved the idea..

December 19, 2009. Have a look at that. So much for originality.

http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... =15#p99704

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

nice wheels.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

hahahha. nice.
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

Awesome tracks! Nice job by everyone!
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

Motoboss wrote:Thanks for helping me figure it ou but i was wrong ..It was 4 months ago when I posted this vid ...So it obviouse now Everyone new then what I was working on and were commenting on how much they loved the idea..
Not even taking into account that Mikey just shattered your point, I already stated that the city track idea was brought up in the track project ground in April or May. Just give it up already this world is large enough for two city tracks.

Now to get back on topic I am genuinely impressed by something on every single track.

Edmonton Ave. SX- What can I say other than its fantastic. The disp work is top notch as always and the environment Wilson and DJ put together looks great and somehow doesn't make you double think a track actually being in the middle of a city.

Elkhart SX - By yzmxer608 - I really like how you didn't do the standard track layout. The sections are also pretty cool. Visually pleasing and you could really find a flow with the odd shaped layout which says to me you put a lot of work into planning out each section.

Lacoochie SX - By DJD - Love this track. Some people are turned off by the dirt color but I personally think it works and is realistic for the area it is supposed to be in. Proper disp work again and pretty good sandy traction make it even more fun.

Marona Practice Facility SX - By Dearnheardtfan7 - Your getting better for sure. I wish you'd go back to the style and scale of the Thompson test track(your best track IMO) but this is pretty fun. Your section ideas were pretty good and the jumps had a ton of pop. Good effort man

Redwood Private Track - By yFMX - The decal work is unmatched other than Green Valley; seriously amazing shit man. The disp work is pretty damn good as well other than the step on step offs, as others have commented having to seat bounce off of them just doesn't work and some of the jumps feel like the curve is inverted a little. The environment looks fantastic with the decals and but it also feels pretty empty to me especially when compared to your previous work. Proper good work again.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Yep, you guys are right that looks exactly like my track..I am in pieces right now..lol
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

All you f#$@%#s stole my track idea.

I was going to make a track out of dirt. And I was going to make the layout a combination of straight lines and turns. And....I was going to put jumps on it.

!#$%#@%$ ers. I'm not going to release it now. That'll teach ya!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.