physics model

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
karlwb
Team: Privateer

physics model

Post by karlwb »

hi all,
i've always hoped to find a mx/enduro sim that has a realistic physics model,so i was very pleased to come across mx simulator and to be able to dl the demo for a look.
my first impressions are that it's pretty good :D but there are some basic aspects of the physics that seem odd to me,all good sims take a lot of time to learn so no doubt i'm getting no where near what's possible, but i'd appreciate the comments of experienced players on the following points;

i don't have the game yet,so this may only apply to the demo, i'm using keyboard so i have no sliders for throttle etc.

#1 - power slides - this seems very undermodelled and for me it's the biggest aspect that's maybe missing. the rear should step out when the bike's lent over and the rears spinning,so you can feed in the power to steer with the back wheel.
on loose or slippery surfaces you have a good "feel" for this and it should be easy to control,but for me in game the bike only steps out right on the limit of lean, its very quick with no "feel" and it seems to be induced only as a reaction of the front wheel losing grip.

#2 -adverse camber and off-line landings- the bike seems to be over sensitive,get it a little crossed up and you can't recover.

#3 - lifting front wheel - can't get the front wheel to lift from standstill or slow speed.(there are no obstacles in the demo,are there any in the game that can be added to tracks,like logs etc.?) however occasionally it'll wheelie unexpectedly.

i'm interested to know if these are control issues that will come with practice or limitations of the physics model?

are there any plans to make the rider more realistic,ie.foot out on cornering,not leaning with the bike,and shifting weight?

best regards all, karl
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Re: physics model

Post by Mittocs »

you have more control over the throttle if you use an xbox controller or any other game controller. The game of course isn't perfect but It is by far the most realistic motocross game out there. JLV is always working to make the game better, as of now there isn't really a way to wheelie but JLV is currently in the process of making rider lean, which should in return give you more control over the bike. As for a lot of problems you may be having it all comes with practice.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

After alot of practise powersliding is pretty easy to do.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

yea... i playing with keybord,it easyer with controller ? :)
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

It's personal.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

i agree with frederick. thats really personal. Some games i'm really fast at keyboard then someguys. but somegames i like to play on my PS2controller
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
moorin

Post by moorin »

if your using a controller when starting to come out of a corner just mash the throttle and balance the bike an dit should just slide through and into the straight for you, you've just got to find the balancing point really and practise.
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

i tryed controller and its little hard than keybord.. or just my controller sucks.. :)
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

i used keyboard, them tryed ps2 controler, i hate it, then used keyboard again and now im in love with my x360 controller...
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

karlwb wrote:
are there any plans to make the rider more realistic,ie.foot out on cornering,not leaning with the bike,and shifting weight?

best regards all, karl
yes, jlv´s new project is pixel vertex weight, rider leaning, online play and we hope a new rider (boned)
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

DOUBBLE POSTER! OMG OMG OMG!

Well yeah the wheelie thing, maybie ur settings is on "never wheelie" Or what its called. and yeah its the same as in real, if u just pinn it from the first gear, the bike wont lift if its slippery surface. try to have a little speed and 2 gear then pop the clutch, thats how i "style wheelie"

Peace
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

thanks for the replies,it really is a nice sim,and great that it's being developed further,i'll order the game and get practising :D