New rider test

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Kawasakis

Re: New rider test

Post by Kawasakis »

the new rider is great :D but i its hard to press so much buttons :D in left keybord side i have to press clutch,gears,lean back and forward :D
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

jlv wrote:There's a hidden menu under the stability contol that lets you adjust roll resistance at slow speeds. Press * with the stability control selected and adjust "Slow Damping Speed" (feet per second) and "Slow Damping Factor".
Can you expand at all on what each of those settings does?

Motoboss, I think you are failing to understand what stability means in this game. Not necessarily the same as stability in real life.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

PS - I actually find the game much easier as I turn the stability down. I was really surprised by this.

I think whatever mechanism JLV has in there to "keep you from falling over" adds a really unpredictable and therefore frustrating aspect to the controls. Once you get er dialed down to around 30 that goes away.

Although I do think low speed handling in this game is it's big weak point.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

JLV when will you make new scripts so we can splice races with this?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Wait for the whole new rider to be released. There's no point making a script for the 'test' one as he will have to make a new one in a week
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Oh I thought it would be the same deal for this rider and the next one.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Well the script will need to know what to do with the new model, and the physics will probably change slightly
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Garasaki wrote:Can you expand at all on what each of those settings does?
Slow damping factor controls how much the stabilizer steers into the direction of your roll rate. Slow damping speed is the speed where the effect tapers off to 0.

For the splicing script, it just needs bike_state_size to be updated to 39 and the magic number to be changed to "MX05". I might try to compress the bike state a little more so I'm not changing it yet.
MWR #491
Team: Privateer

Post by MWR #491 »

One thing i think would be cool. is to be able to turn your head. Think about whipping and in mid air just look over on your rear fender or public, would make some asumn shots too :D
BenDexter

Post by BenDexter »

It must be developed as a Motocross simulator,not a screen shot generator.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

jlv wrote:
Slow damping factor controls how much the stabilizer steers into the direction of your roll rate. Slow damping speed is the speed where the effect tapers off to 0.
I played around with this last night, and changing the factor level up to around 2 makes a gigantic difference (for the better).

However, the setting never seemed to "stick" - I seemed to have to change it every time I started a new race or if I changed any of my suspension settings. I think I read something about this happening yesterday but don't recall how to fix it.
MWR #491

Post by MWR #491 »

hey dexter, you dont think turning your head is realistic then. and is not fitting in, in a SIMULATOR GAME!????
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

MWR #491 wrote:One thing i think would be cool. is to be able to turn your head. Think about whipping and in mid air just look over on your rear fender or public, would make some asumn shots too :D
yeap that would be just awesome :)
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

kwic73

Post by kwic73 »

umm i needed a bit of help with downloading this i really want it :D
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

Garasaki wrote:
jlv wrote:
I played around with this last night, and changing the factor level up to around 2 makes a gigantic difference (for the better).

However, the setting never seemed to "stick" - I seemed to have to change it every time I started a new race or if I changed any of my suspension settings. I think I read something about this happening yesterday but don't recall how to fix it.
ya i think someone said it resets back to the default every time something else changes (track, bike, settings)