Xbox rumble test (Please be gentle ;) )

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
pulse

Re: Xbox rumble test (Please be gentle ;) )

Post by pulse »

yea any one have a mediafire link that does work?
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

Here you go, I think this should be the latest version I had. Put the .exe and the settings file in your mxsim program files folder (where your snapshots go NOT your personal folder). Then put the .bat file on your desktop and use it like a shortcut. You may have to edit the path in the .bat using notepad.

Just a note, it seems that this app works best at high framerates. If your running above 80fps it feels pretty good, anything lower and it seems to be a little random.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vcts6qe7g8mclfx

Password is: xbox
DunerDillon
Team: Fly Dynamics

Post by DunerDillon »

cpt_Slow wrote:Here you go, I think this should be the latest version I had. Put the .exe and the settings file in your mxsim program files folder (where your snapshots go NOT your personal folder). Then put the .bat file on your desktop and use it like a shortcut. You may have to edit the path in the .bat using notepad.

Just a note, it seems that this app works best at high framerates. If your running above 80fps it feels pretty good, anything lower and it seems to be a little random.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vcts6qe7g8mclfx

Password is: xbox
where is the .exe and settings file? all thats in the .rar is the bat file
If you ride a 4stroke I feel bad for you son! I got 99 problems but my valves ain't 1
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

Ok sorry about that, uploaded the wrong thing. Try this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?gv7daq8y467jlda
pulse

Post by pulse »

what is it reading off of to vibrate? the suspension?
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

cpt_Slow wrote:basically it takes three samples from the streaming output, compares the x,y,z positions of the camera at each snapshot of time and approximates an acceleration.
shanebell

Post by shanebell »

Thanks cpt_Slow
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.
darnified
Crushed Dissenter
Team: ProConnection BSD

Post by darnified »

So I was cleaning up my programs and features folder on my pc today, and now when I try to run the mx.bat I get some insane number everytime, but it changes everytime I open it. I tried opening the settings.txt and that was set for 90 still.
Some of the numbers ive gotten look like this 5169497, or -121584, and I continue to get a new number everytime.
Tyler Antonides
Co-Owner of ProConnection BSD Customs #195
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

Sounds strange, all I can suggest is deleting and re-downloading the application. Are the files still in the install folder and not the personal folder?
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

I just found this a few weeks ago and was liking it a bunch, definitely a fun feature to have. I just made my intensity 100 and it seemed to work pretty well. Good job man. Don't know if it is something I would use every time I play cause it was a bit distracting for me :D
darnified
Crushed Dissenter
Team: ProConnection BSD

Post by darnified »

cpt_Slow wrote:Sounds strange, all I can suggest is deleting and re-downloading the application. Are the files still in the install folder and not the personal folder?
Thanks bro! Any chances of seeing a snapshot update soon for this feature?
Tyler Antonides
Co-Owner of ProConnection BSD Customs #195
Explosade
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Explosade »

This is really nice, I've just been testing it on 200 intensity. Would there be any way the vibration could ''vibrate'' alot more when you case/land hard? Also when you're pre loading up the face of a jump and it picks up the suspension so it vibrates alot more than it does now? I'd love to see this in the next update when it's finished.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

darnified wrote:
cpt_Slow wrote:Sounds strange, all I can suggest is deleting and re-downloading the application. Are the files still in the install folder and not the personal folder?
I think that CPt slow would have to give the consent to JLV if we did in fact ever want it in a snapshot(if it is possible)

Since JLV didn't do it.
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

Explosade wrote:This is really nice, I've just been testing it on 200 intensity. Would there be any way the vibration could ''vibrate'' alot more when you case/land hard? Also when you're pre loading up the face of a jump and it picks up the suspension so it vibrates alot more than it does now? I'd love to see this in the next update when it's finished.
I'm not entirely sure but I think the feedback seems quite random because it's based on the camera position which has the dampening effects of the rider to soften out any hard landings. Unless I've made some glaring mistake in my calculations I'm not sure if I can improve it with the current data I have access to. Maybe if I get some free time I might dig out the code again and have a tinker (would probably end up starting from scratch now that I'm a bit more competent in C++. :P )
MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:
darnified wrote:
I think that CPt slow would have to give the consent to JLV if we did in fact ever want it in a snapshot(if it is possible)

Since JLV didn't do it.
Haha thanks, but I'm pretty sure if JLV wanted add this feature to the game he could do a much better job then my crappy code could do. But if in a moment of madness/laziness he decided to just copy mine he is obviously welcome to it since he did most of the work for me anyway if you read through the whole thread :wink: .