Basic Track Editing VIDEO Tutorials

MrStickers

Basic Track Editing VIDEO Tutorials

Post by MrStickers »

I wanted to share what I have learned with the MXSIM Tracked Editor, there have been requests for video tutorials and I wasn't seeing any. So in a humble attempt to help out my fellow noobs I starting making tutorials based off what I am learning with the track editor. I really struggled to find information on this forum to make tracks. The information is all here, it is just spread all over the place and if you don't know where you're looking for it is very hard to find helpful information.
I am not a programmer, nor have I ever been involved in any game like this, so this is all new for me and I'd like to try and help out the other community members -like myself-who know very little about these things.

So I wanted to share what little I have learned with anyone interested in making tracks. Below are 2 tutorials that I made, one for making berms and the other for making jumps.
I am still very new to the editor, but hopefully these videos will help some of you wanting to build custom tracks. As I learn new things I will continue to make these.

Enjoy,
-Stickers

Episode #1 Making Berms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PhfSrznubY

Episode #2 Making Basic Jumps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA7EOiMGjJo
DJ99X

Re: Basic Track Editing VIDEO Tutorials

Post by DJ99X »

Brotip - Reduce the focus of your brush when making berms. It will make the entry to the corner much smoother
MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

DJ99X wrote:Brotip - Reduce the focus of your brush when making berms. It will make the entry to the corner much smoother
Thanks, I will make note of that. :D
MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

My attempt at explaining timing gates on a basic track.

at 3:00 I kept saying gates 1 & 2, I actually meant if you have gates 0,1,2, and on your last lap you cross gate 17 and pass thru gate 2 but NOT gates 0 & 1 you need to have the gates in the order than you pass thru them on the normal lap. I.E. 17, 2, 3, etc...I didn't realize that I misspoke.

One more thing to note, on the screen you can see that my normal lap is 0-17 & back to 1. The "0" should not be there. The "0" should only be on the first lap because you never cross thru it again.
2StrokeLove
Team: Privateer

Post by 2StrokeLove »

How I Can add Objects ? Please Make a Tutorial!
Motocross, I LOVE IT!
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

2StrokeLove wrote:How I Can add Objects ? Please Make a Tutorial!
Cmon man... search next time... http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=533
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

Most users here know how to do this, but I get this question a couple times a month. So here is a quick video on it.

MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

Basic KeyCam (Cable Camera) Tutorial.

Just covering some of the basics that I have been using for the keycam. If you have any pro/bro tips to add please share them. 8)