How to "MAKE A MAP"

User avatar
Motoboss
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:17 pm
Location: St Louis MO
Contact:

How to "MAKE A MAP"

Postby Motoboss » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:04 pm

This is a tutorial of how to get rid of that horrid "MAKE A MAP” and replace it with your track map. So here goes-
This is how I do it anyways

-Go into game and click on your track, once your track has started open the editor.
-Zoom out to where your track edges line up with your screen
-Press "print screen" on your keyboard
-Close game
-Open your picture editing software
-Press File/new/ok
-Press Edit/Paste
-Click on crop and zoom in to your very edge of the entire track and crop out anything that wasn’t part of the entire track.
-You should have your track image
-Click "Layer"
-Use a brush the size of your track path and brush your track path
-Click your entire track picture Layer visibility off to where only the layer with your track path is showing.
-Resize the image to 128 x 128
-Save as a .png named "map"
-Place it in your tracks folder

Hope this helps
MB
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
Motoboss Tracks

NP301
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:56 am
Team: Privateer

Re: How to "MAKE A MAP"

Postby NP301 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:02 am

Motoboss wrote:This is a tutorial of how to get rid of that horrid "MAKE A MAP” and replace it with your track map. So here goes-
This is how I do it anyways

-Go into game and click on your track, once your track has started open the editor.
-Zoom out to where your track edges line up with your screen
-Press "print screen" on your keyboard
-Close game
-Open your picture editing software
-Press File/new/ok
-Press Edit/Paste
-Click on crop and zoom in to your very edge of the entire track and crop out anything that wasn’t part of the entire track.
-You should have your track image
-Click "Layer"
-Use a brush the size of your track path and brush your track path
-Click your entire track picture Layer visibility off to where only the layer with your track path is showing.
-Resize the image to 128 x 128
-Save as a .png named "map"
-Place it in your tracks folder

Hope this helps
MB


How do you open the editor?

mxer223
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: How to "MAKE A MAP"

Postby mxer223 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 pm

NP301 wrote:
Motoboss wrote:This is a tutorial of how to get rid of that horrid "MAKE A MAP” and replace it with your track map. So here goes-
This is how I do it anyways

-Go into game and click on your track, once your track has started open the editor.
-Zoom out to where your track edges line up with your screen
-Press "print screen" on your keyboard
-Close game
-Open your picture editing software
-Press File/new/ok
-Press Edit/Paste
-Click on crop and zoom in to your very edge of the entire track and crop out anything that wasn’t part of the entire track.
-You should have your track image
-Click "Layer"
-Use a brush the size of your track path and brush your track path
-Click your entire track picture Layer visibility off to where only the layer with your track path is showing.
-Resize the image to 128 x 128
-Save as a .png named "map"
-Place it in your tracks folder

Hope this helps
MB


How do you open the editor?


Right click your mxs shortcut and go to properties. After the end of everything in the properties box, put a space, and type --editor
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.

User avatar
KTM880
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:09 am
Location: QLD, Straya
Contact:

Re: How to "MAKE A MAP"

Postby KTM880 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:49 am

This helped heaps, thanks man.
More people should use it...
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?

User avatar
Suzuki_Rider940
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:00 pm
Team: Privateer
Location: Minnesota

Re: How to "MAKE A MAP"

Postby Suzuki_Rider940 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:57 pm

mxer223 wrote:
NP301 wrote:
Motoboss wrote:This is a tutorial of how to get rid of that horrid "MAKE A MAP” and replace it with your track map. So here goes-
This is how I do it anyways

-Go into game and click on your track, once your track has started open the editor.
-Zoom out to where your track edges line up with your screen
-Press "print screen" on your keyboard
-Close game
-Open your picture editing software
-Press File/new/ok
-Press Edit/Paste
-Click on crop and zoom in to your very edge of the entire track and crop out anything that wasn’t part of the entire track.
-You should have your track image
-Click "Layer"
-Use a brush the size of your track path and brush your track path
-Click your entire track picture Layer visibility off to where only the layer with your track path is showing.
-Resize the image to 128 x 128
-Save as a .png named "map"
-Place it in your tracks folder

Hope this helps
MB


How do you open the editor?


Right click your mxs shortcut and go to properties. After the end of everything in the properties box, put a space, and type --editor

What do u mean by "After the end of everything"? Where exactly should i put a space and type --editor? :?:


Return to “Tutorials”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests