Whoop Tutorial

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Whoop Tutorial

Postby JT43 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:17 pm

i have been practicing to make whoops. I finaly found a good rule to follow and i thought i would share it with you. this is what i do:
1.create a new gradient and go onto gradient edit
2. change the segment type to "curve"
3. zoom in so you can see the smaller squares.
4. place your first marker 3 1/2 small squares along and half a square up.
5. place your second marker another 3 1/2 small squares along but no squares up. it should look like a small hill and your whoop should take up 7 small squares altogether
6.repeat the process to create your full set of whoops
7. smooth over at a strentgh of 0.50
8.ride the whoops

hope this helps
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
skyline
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:07 am
Team: Privateer (Looking)

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby skyline » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:30 am

I love you. You will get a shoutout in all of my future tracks. :DDDDD

"Thanks to JT43 for the whoops. Check him out he makes great tracks. :)"

Putting this in my signature as I type. ^^^^^^^

User avatar
Boblob801
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: Backflips Clothing
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby Boblob801 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:24 am

^^This won't always work.
Those squares (Pixels) Don't take scale into account.
Hi

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby JT43 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:01 am

worked for every track ive done
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
Boblob801
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: Backflips Clothing
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby Boblob801 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:36 am

And you probably use the same scale for every track??
It will be different for a lot of people, you cant base tracks off of pixel count.
Hi

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby JT43 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 am

if your not happy with it dont use it
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
Boblob801
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: Backflips Clothing
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby Boblob801 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 pm

I wasn't planing on it.
Just thought I note that down for you just in-case.
Hi

User avatar
skyline
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:07 am
Team: Privateer (Looking)

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby skyline » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Boblob801 wrote:I wasn't planing on it.
Just thought I note that down for you just in-case.


Just incase someone makes the whoops and doesn't test it, right? lol They'll figure it out on their own. pointless comments galore :D

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby JT43 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Just incase what?
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
Boblob801
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: Backflips Clothing
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby Boblob801 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 am

I see no point in continuing this conversation.
There are various scaling elements that need to be taken into place.
While it is a given that they need to be tested there is a chance they can be off by a fair amount
making it difficult to adjust.
But as I stated there is no point in me attempting to inform you on this as its clearly a swing and a miss.
No hard feelings
Hi

User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby JT43 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:43 am

i do see a point in continuing the conversation because i disagree with you. its not a swing and a miss because it does work, and i dont see why your trying your best to make me look like a fool
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
Boblob801
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: Backflips Clothing
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby Boblob801 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Yeah it will work to an extent.
The swing and a miss was not directed at your idea but the fact that
the point I'm attempting to get across to you isn't going any were......
How about this, we agree that it would be a good if not awesome idea for new people to use
this so long as there using the standard blank track folder.
But a bad idea for anyone looking to edit there .hf file.
Sound good? k, kwl bye.
Hi

User avatar
Phathry25
Posts: 7323
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:09 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Location: WI
Contact:

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby Phathry25 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:34 pm


User avatar
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby JT43 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 pm

@phatry. this is for begginers and i didnt know about then when i first started making tracks so not every begginer will be abble to use that link you just posted. @boblob801, i dont think begginers will be editing their .hf file.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit

KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else

User avatar
yzmxer608
Posts: 14955
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am
Team: Race Tech/SD
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A

Re: Whoop Tutorial

Postby yzmxer608 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:24 pm

All you do is enter the coordinates of where you want the whoops to start and end, then the number of whoops you want :?. Not hard to use at all.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.


Return to “Tutorials”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest