::TUTORIAL:: Making A Skybox

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: ::TUTORIAL:: Making A Skybox

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ok, I tried it but when I set it up, the horizon is where the sun "is" (by the looks of the image). But in game that part is well above the horizon (on the reflection image it's actually below the horizon. It does seem like the image is smaller than it should be though, jlv's script puts a large white area around it. I attached the PSD that I put the guides in. Sorry I keep bugging you about this.
Attachments
sky-env.rar
(74.58 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Hmmm, the sun heading data you gave me must of been different from the old terragen.

Try this

[-0.78 0.62 -0.092 ]
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That worked :D. Thanks DJ. I actually tried a test where I swiped all of the sky images and lighting file from Wilson's saintjones and got the sunflare to work, put my sky images in and it didn't work. Was weird. So all you did was move around the numbers in XYZ and that did it?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Well yeah. I looked at the image, and the sun was pretty much west, so I rotated the vector 90 degrees.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

yzmxer608 wrote:That worked :D. Thanks DJ. I actually tried a test where I swiped all of the sky images and lighting file from Wilson's saintjones and got the sunflare to work, put my sky images in and it didn't work. Was weird. So all you did was move around the numbers in XYZ and that did it?
JLV said once the sunflare has to be on a pixel that is white...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

yzmxer608 wrote:Sun Heading: 186.75 (Q3)
Sun Altitude: 38.25

Must have something to do with that post Shadow made, but it looks like the sun is on the West image, but the sun heading is in quadrant 3, which Shadows says nothing about in that explanation for West :?.
Ah.. I messed up, the quadrant IV should be quadrant III when the sun is on the west image.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
MX_Cardinal

Post by MX_Cardinal »

I don't have Terragen, so I put a random night sky picture I modified in the lighting file in my custom track, but it still shows the default day skybox. Here's my lighting file text:

sun_vector [ 1.00 1.00 1.00 ]
sun_color [ 1.00 1.00 0.50 ]
ambient [ 0.25 0.25 0.50 ]sky_n @RSR_Powersports_Supercross_Series_Round_1/sky-n.pngsky_e @RSR_Powersports_Supercross_Series_Round_1/sky-e.pngsky_s @RSR_Powersports_Supercross_Series_Round_1/sky-s.pngsky_w @RSR_Powersports_Supercross_Series_Round_1/sky-w.pngsky_u @RSR_Powersports_Supercross_Series_Round_1/sky-u.pngsky_env @RSR_Powersports_Supercross_Series_Round_1/sky-env.png

The textures and folder names match. What am I doing wrong?