Fencing Around Track-3DS Max

SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Fencing Around Track-3DS Max

Post by SMR 510RR »

Here is a tutorial I did to show how I would do it.

I did leave out a few steps that are important. I did note the first one in the video but make sure you split the edges connecting the top of the posts to the vertical portion, if you do not it will try to smooth them and will look strange. Also, along the same lines it is probably wise to split the edges between the individual banners otherwise it may look strange in game.

Sorry, it was my first tutorial and some of the text got cut off and it is a little fast so please ask questions if you dont understand anything.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWvaabz6F98[/youtube]
SMR 510RR

Re: Fencing Around Track-3DS Max

Post by SMR 510RR »

Oh yea, I also forgot to show applying the layout onto the terrain, just create a material with whatever you have for layout (sat or a drawn one like I have) and apply that to your plane.

And a working embed, make sure to watch in HD so you can see what I am hitting and typing in.
MX181

Post by MX181 »

And it is with 3ds aswell thanks bro
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Isnt 3DSm Max like $3000?
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

MotardMatt220 wrote:Isnt 3DSm Max like $3000?
I use it for work so I didnt have to pay for it but it depends where you get it *wink* *wink*

In any case some of the same concepts can be applied to other software but I couldnt begin to describe it in Blender. Object Paint is probably the most useful part but I am not sure if Blender has a similar feature or not.
MX181

Post by MX181 »

its free for students
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Here is another version, this one is similar to the way a lot of the guys are doing them in blender. Its much faster and way less poly intensive and you can most likely use some existing skins (with permission of course) from the RF tracks. I did forget to mention that you will need the glue plugin from here:http://www.itoosoft.com/freeplugins/glue.php its free and works perfect for this application.

Some notes on why I used the numbers I used etc:
When you draw your spline you want all the segments to be curves, this will allow normalize spline to divide the "straight sections" as well
when you create the spline we want a lot of segments so it is accurate when we split it into equal sections...That is why I used a interpolation value of 100
When you "Normalize spline" use double the length you want each section to be, so if you want 10' use 20 if you want 5 use 10 etc. This is because each segment is still a curve and gets divided at its midpoint when you extrude it upward
If I was doing a whole track with this method I would probably do a complete loop around the track with 2 splines one on each side of the track, from there I would finish the process and then after all that is done I would delete the sections I didnt want and divide it up into different objects (or make one large texture will all your banner skins) for skinning.

I didnt annotate it and all that so if you have questions please feel free to ask. As the description says, use the basic setup from the first version to get your track into 3ds then switch over to this one.

izix

Post by izix »

Please how i find coordinates for statues , model baner.jm and template baner.png thx
Max1633du16

Post by Max1633du16 »

Thanks for the tuto, but how to import with the good scale in blender and make a good JM for the banners ?
west
Team: *eMc*

Post by west »

u learn blender max ? :)
link of the topic : http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27353[/size] => new engine's sounds
Max1633du16

Post by Max1633du16 »

Not me it's Jonathan
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

In Max your units have to be set to generic, then you can import at 100% scale to blender and apply rotation and scale and then export the jm and you will be good to go.
BuzzedControlers
Crushed Dissenter
Team: StanceMoto|AUS|Owner

Post by BuzzedControlers »

Its free if you know were to look :shock: