tileinfo info

Garasaki

Re: tileinfo info

Post by Garasaki »

Or the slip threshold?
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It ignores everything except randomize, vscale and dig. I just sort of hacked it in there for water splashes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
gomoto846
Team: GP Decals

Post by gomoto846 »

hi guys, just wondering, does the "dig=1.0" appear in all tracks made with these new tileinfo codes or just tracks that the creators have included the "dig" into?

thanks. PS sorry to be a noob... :?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It doesn't have to be set. dig=1 is the default.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Does anyone have any values for cement?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I've been using this for the supercross borders. Normal static friction but low sliding friction.

friction 1.0 6.0
friction 0.8 8.0
roll_resist 5.0 15.0 10.0
texture @blue.ppm
roost texture=@loam_dryscatter16x16.png slip_threshold=48.0 drag=16.0 count=1 size=1.0 grow=8.0 r=0 g=0 b=0 a=64 fade_a=-256
addtile
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I meant for Supermoto.Would that still work good?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Depends on what you want. This will hold for a while then get pretty slick as it breaks loose. (Try some starts on it. You will notice that if you just dump the clutch you go nowhere.)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Davinho

Post by Davinho »

Hey man pleas im german..........DJ can you write so that i can understand it a little bit easier....
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Is there anyway to change the scale of the texture for each tilemap? I want to use the texture I would for my base decal for the tile map (same for grass), should be easier and more efficient I think. It's just that they tile too small.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

No. If anything I'd make an option to not render them at all. They're only there for compatibility with old tracks.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ok, I'll just use decals then.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

Could someone PLEASE verify how to EXACTLY add different tiles into the game? Ive searched multiple threads, but I just dont understnad...like how do i add the textures first of all? THEN how do i add them to my track? I need some clarification lol...

thanks in advance!
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

ANYONE? I really dont understand the whole tile thing, and I really want to put some different dirt on my track! Could someone explain to me please...
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

BrutalMX wrote:ANYONE? I really dont understand the whole tile thing, and I really want to put some different dirt on my track! Could someone explain to me please...

Different dirt, eh?

Are you talking the look (decals) or the feel (tileinfo)? Do you mean appearance, or traction? You aren't really sounding like you want the tileinfo, but rather the appearance of different dirt.