tileinfo info

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: tileinfo info

Post by jlv »

The drag will slow it down on the way up too, so you want to elevate it more to compensate. Try increasing fast_angle to 1.57 and increasing vscale to 5. If it's not enough keep increasing vscale.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Great it worked! Well, sort of.. Thanks :D

Now, is there a way to make the particle partly transparent so it's more dust like? Right now nothing can be seen through it.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

1) Change the alpha value in the roost line to something elss than 255
2) Make it more transparent in photoshop or whatever
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Yupp, looks much better now. Thanks! :)
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Ok,
so maybe its just me but in all the tracks i can fine including the blank track there is only a texturelist file and no tileinfo file. Do i just make this file, if so, can you give me an example of a finished file or even give me a link to a finished file. Iv also downloaded the "newtiletest" track, and even in there there is no tileinfo file???

thx guys. :D
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

You will have to make it or take one from a already made track.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Questions:

Is it possible to have a splash level between 0 and 1?

Is it possible to have roost particles that rotate, or at least have different (random) rotations at their origin?

I would love to see the roost values and pictures used on some tracks, Cypress has awesome roost, and so does all of JLVs SX tracks. And sort of an explainatino for how it was created (ie Cypress seems to have a dust component and a chunks component).
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Don't know about the first two of your questions, but you can add multiple roosts for a tilemap. Just copy the existing "roost texture=roost.png yadda yadda yadda" and paste it below the original, modify to your liking and voila!
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah I know that. I would like to see some of the values other people have used for their stuff.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Garasaki wrote:Is it possible to have a splash level between 0 and 1?
No. They use completely different trajectories so it wouldn't make sense to interpolate between them. If you want both splash particles and regular particles, use two roost lines and adjust the count values to change the balance between the two roost types.
Is it possible to have roost particles that rotate, or at least have different (random) rotations at their origin?
No, it can't do that.
I would love to see the roost values and pictures used on some tracks, Cypress has awesome roost, and so does all of JLVs SX tracks. And sort of an explainatino for how it was created (ie Cypress seems to have a dust component and a chunks component).
My supercross tracks use this:

roost texture=@splash.png grow=1.5 slow_angle=0.5 drag=0 size=1.0 r=79 g=64 b=34 fade_a=0

I change the rgb values depending on the dirt color for that week.
If you wanted to add a dust component you could add this in. You'll need to tweak the color though.

roost texture=@loam_dryscatter16x16.png count=1 size=1.0 grow=8.0 drag=5 r=165 g=163 b=99 a=192
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Just make like 2 other roost images with the image rotated.

Here is what I used for Cypress Hollows:

Code: Select all

friction 0.8 0.0
friction 0.9 1.0
friction 1.0 5
friction 1.2 20
roll_resist 10 20 0
roll_resist 20 50 20
texture @dirt.ppm
roost texture=@cypresshollows/roostontrack2.png count=5 dig=1.0 slip_threshold=3.0 slow_speed=5.0 fast_speed=64.0 slow_angle=0.0 fast_angle=0.1 size=1.0 grow=6.0 drag=5 vscale=1.0 randomize=15.0 r=53 g=36 b=26 a=200 fade_r=0 fade_g=0 fade_b=0 fade_a=-256
roost texture=@cypresshollows/roostontrack2.png count=5 dig=1.0 slip_threshold=3.0 slow_speed=5.0 fast_speed=64.0 slow_angle=0.0 fast_angle=0.1 size=1.0 grow=6.0 drag=5 vscale=1.0 randomize=15.0 r=69 g=47 b=34 a=200 fade_r=0 fade_g=0 fade_b=0 fade_a=-256
roost texture=@cypresshollows/roostontrack.png count=5 dig=1.0 slip_threshold=6.0 slow_speed=5.0 fast_speed=64.0 slow_angle=0.0 fast_angle=0.1 size=1 grow=4  drag=0.5 vscale=1.0 randomize=15.0 r=22 g=15 b=11 a=200 fade_r=0 fade_g=0 fade_b=0 fade_a=-256
roost texture=@cypresshollows/roostontrack.png count=3 dig=1.0 slip_threshold=6.0 slow_speed=5.0 fast_speed=64.0 slow_angle=0.0 fast_angle=0.1 size=1 grow=2  drag=0.5 vscale=1.0 randomize=15.0 r=22 g=15 b=11 a=200 fade_r=0 fade_g=0 fade_b=0 fade_a=-256
addtile
With these images

roostontrack.png

roostontrack2
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

jlv wrote:
Garasaki wrote:Is it possible to have a splash level between 0 and 1?
No. They use completely different trajectories so it wouldn't make sense to interpolate between them. If you want both splash particles and regular particles, use two roost lines and adjust the count values to change the balance between the two roost types.
I was thinking more for splashing out at different angles.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's fixed at a 45 degree angle. vscale and randomize will still work though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Hmmm, I sort of like what splash does, but the problem is that it activates roost even while you are not moving (think Pigpen from Charlie Brown).

Any way to prevent that...?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Not right now anyway. I should probably make it honor slow_speed and fast_speed.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com