Making a Skybox in TG2 with Garasaki

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Making a Skybox in TG2 with Garasaki

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

Thank you so much :D
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

Garasaki wrote:Some clever people are putting the disp map of there track in as terrain to get a really seemless transition between terrain and sky, in game. Seems like an awesome idea!
Would someone care to elaborate on this one? It seems to take about 40 mins per image to render so I would like to get it right on the first go!
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Well I can't comment on how they are doing it (because I don't know) but I've made skies before where each tile takes over 6 hours to render (and there are what, 22 tiles?) so don't be too scared off by a 40 minute render time.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Garasaki wrote:Well I can't comment on how they are doing it (because I don't know) but I've made skies before where each tile takes over 6 hours to render (and there are what, 22 tiles?) so don't be too scared off by a 40 minute render time.
HE'S ALIVE!
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

Garasaki wrote:Well I can't comment on how they are doing it (because I don't know) but I've made skies before where each tile takes over 6 hours to render (and there are what, 22 tiles?) so don't be too scared off by a 40 minute render time.
6 hours seems pretty hefty. I made my skybox without that dispmap thing. I had to render all the views to get hugin to work though. Thanks for the tutorial!