How to Get Real Height Data

Addair435
Team: Privateer

Re: How to Get Real Height Data

Post by Addair435 »

How do I find coords on microdem? I feel like an idiot looking for it for 2 hours
KTM57 wrote:
Ballsfalsky wrote:If you have a Mac pro I feel bad for you son, I got 99 games and Mac can't play one...
If you like Macs I feel bad for you son, you pay 99 dollars every time I pay 1
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Wait so this builds you the track so all you have to do is smooth some stuff out? I'm confused. :L
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
Addair435

Post by Addair435 »

pretty much
KTM57 wrote:
Ballsfalsky wrote:If you have a Mac pro I feel bad for you son, I got 99 games and Mac can't play one...
If you like Macs I feel bad for you son, you pay 99 dollars every time I pay 1
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

It gets the base terrain, it's not detailed enough to have the jumps and everything else on it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Oh okay thanks yzed.
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

mircodem totally not working for me. all i get when i open it is a blank white screen. only thing i can click on is "eye doc". then a little box pops up with a "open file" option. so i tried that, and everything i got from geocommunity pops up as error out of bounds. lol.
can someone help me acquire millcreeks terrain please.

1724 Roberts Mill Pond Road
Pell City, AL 35215
http://data.geocomm.com/catalog/US/6108 ... up4-3.html cooks springs is the closest location. st. clair county.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Posting a link to the tutorial Haggqvist made on his blog, check it out, it's a much more in-depth (and just plain better) tutorial than what's in this topic!

http://haggqvist.blog.com/2012/05/22/ma ... d-dataset/
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

I'm thinking of doing a tutorial for the Google Sketchup method that is more relevant to mx sim. The tutorial that is linked in the other thread to the farming simulator has a lot of irrelevant content in it so I'll try and do an updated one in the next few weeks.
2StrokeLove

Post by 2StrokeLove »

BuddyTheElf wrote:I'm thinking of doing a tutorial for the Google Sketchup method that is more relevant to mx sim. The tutorial that is linked in the other thread to the farming simulator has a lot of irrelevant content in it so I'll try and do an updated one in the next few weeks.

thats very great! with free programs!

please release very soon and fast
Motocross, I LOVE IT!
mxchild
Team: Batman motorsport

Post by mxchild »

does anyone have an idea of the new version of the seamless viewer? or does anyone have the old version downloaded and on there computer they wouldnt mind uploading to use?

thanks
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Will someone help me do this cause am really confused but want to learn how to do it any helpers i have tried watchin vids but cant understand some bits so will some one help me :lol:
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

BuddyTheElf wrote:I'm thinking of doing a tutorial for the Google Sketchup method that is more relevant to mx sim. The tutorial that is linked in the other thread to the farming simulator has a lot of irrelevant content in it so I'll try and do an updated one in the next few weeks.
You done this yet? Anyway I often find the sketch up method to be quite bad, I was trying to get it for Foxhill and you could see that on sketch up that the height data they provided was way off.

Foxhills terrain as you probably know is really steep but when I tried to do it using sketch up it was more like a big bowl, but a not very steep bowl. I've forgot the word that means not so steep. Or isn't there one? Hm...
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

Gradual?... Fuck knows
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
baker

Post by baker »

This guide has been very helpful to me for extracting real height data, once I figured out MicroDem and where to find sources for the data.

This is a good source I found for GeoTiff elevation data, under the "Elevation Products (3DEP)" section in data.
https://apps.nationalmap.gov/downloader/#/

This is also another one linked to from the national map website, although the GeoTiffs I've grabbed from it haven't seemed to work with MicroDem. They might for someone else though for another location.
https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/topoview/viewer/#4/40.00/-100.00