Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Trenton

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Post by Trenton »

Ok then, I need heaps of help on this. I'm using the new (ish) CS4 Photoshop. Is that any different to what your using here? I'm following all the steps and then when i get to the gradient linear tool, I can't draw a square i can only draw a line, and that makes the whole map into a jump. Epic help please!
RaNDoM HeRO wrote:
NIKK SPILLANE #244 wrote:playing online is the best thing about this game
until theres little kids who bitch and whine when you tap there tire in the air or somthin
REIDY-171
Team: Privateer

Post by REIDY-171 »

Make a selection first of what you want to be the jump, then use the gradient tool. Then the gradient will only affect what you have selected.
Trenton

Post by Trenton »

Oh awesome it worked, thanks for that. Also how do i save it as a PNG so i can test it out? OR do i save it as a PSB? Or Tiff?

Thanks.
Trenton

Post by Trenton »

And down the bottom is says the file is 30.4G/626.1M. IS this the size?
RaNDoM HeRO wrote:
until theres little kids who bitch and whine when you tap there tire in the air or somthin
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

The terrain must be saved in PNG and 1024x1024
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

1025x1025
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

I have my track "basics done" its a mountain and going to work on track that goes round it and uphill and stuff,
but if i try photoshop my jumps and the route the tracks going, do i have to change values in terrain.hf file?
sorry to ask this mutch junk but im not so good in these track making things.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

No you shouldn't change your terrain.hf

Pick your values for that up front and tweak your stuff in PS to match your terrain.hf values.

Changing your terrain.hf values around a bunch will do nothing more then screw you up.

Also make sure you have at least 1 pixel of pure black and 1 pixel of pure white in your disp map somewhere to "lock" the terrain.hf values down.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Okey tested some ps out, i tryed making the track "line" it worked, like it was what i wanted, BUT
the ruts what happened and all the things were HUGE! i tryed to do 4 whoops on one place BUT it turner out like straigth 4 jumps up (huge) like 3 x rider length,
and im using the rbg values to only use black and white i dont know about the 1 pixel and 1 pixel, should i like made some black and white dots somewhere in the track?
But Ty gara your realy a huge help for me, im not sutch a track maker, more of skin and suggestion gue, if i get sam-b to help me out im wery happy :)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Lower the opacity of the jumps, that will make them a dimmer color and they won't be as high in game. You will have to resize them if they are too big.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Trenton

Post by Trenton »

On CS4, when I press save, i can't find the option of png?
RaNDoM HeRO wrote:
yomo

Post by yomo »

You might need to go save as?
If not where it says photoshop format click that and scroll to .png (If you didnt know how to do that)
jd5820

Post by jd5820 »

I want to make a track in photoshop, im using a blankupdated track and there isnt going that terrain .png but if i use the normal blank its good. What to do to have it on updated?
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

You could always make your own terrain.png
only one to win something real from the game!
jd5820

Post by jd5820 »

Yes but, i added terrain.png to blank track and smooth it and its good here. But when i added it to blank updated track, smooth and nothing happens :( .So i cant use the updated track with photoshop.