Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Garasaki
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby Garasaki » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:58 pm

It dosent really matter.
Image

DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.

LuKe
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Essex-England
Contact:

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby LuKe » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:11 pm

can any1 tell me what the second pic is please in the tutorial
thanks :D

LuKe
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Essex-England
Contact:

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby LuKe » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:25 am

can some1 please help me out cos i really wanna get into track making but i cant see the second pic could some1 tell me what it says or what it is
thanks :|

Mona
Posts: 1645
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:46 pm
Team: MotoOption

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby Mona » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:42 am

LUKE2851 wrote:cos i really wanna get into track making

Use the in-game editor.

LuKe
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Essex-England
Contact:

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby LuKe » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:08 am

TimFerry15 wrote:
LUKE2851 wrote:cos i really wanna get into track making

Use the in-game editor.

thats even worse for me
havent got a clue what any of it does or how to do turns or jumps :?
and every time i press something it says update needed :?

dearnhardtfan7
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:05 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Trafford Alabama

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby dearnhardtfan7 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:23 am

ignore the update needed message. That has been carried over from the pre-release days but it doesnt mean anything now. Basically in the in-game editor, you click gradient placement and then move the target to wherever you are wanting to do something. For a jump, the white line is the direction the jump will be pointing when you paint it in. Once you have the target placed, click on gradient edit and then the grid is like you are looking at the side of the jump. Draw it up just like you want the jump to look from the side, then click on gradient linear paint, or gradient linear add. They each do somewhat different things, but it you are on a flat piece of ground it will not matter which one you use at first. Then you just click and "paint" the jump between the target that you set. That is basically how its done but the more you play around with it the more you will understand how things work. Personally i think the ingame editor is much easier than using photoshop. Not to mention you can test what you did much faster by using the editor. Good luck
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
Image
xfire--cmarona463

LuKe
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Essex-England
Contact:

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby LuKe » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:38 pm

thanks alot chris
does any1 know what the second pic said or showed please help me out
thanks in advanced:D

yomo
Posts: 1930
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 am

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby yomo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:23 am

LUKE2851 wrote:does any1 know what the second pic said or showed please help me out


Im not sure what the second one is but it isn't needed

Just make sure your document size is the same
Also if you use grayscale or RGB it doesnt matter as long as the only colours you are using are shades of white and black.

Just skip to step 3 with making jumps - and use the idea of the curves screen. That is what everyone else does
Image

LuKe
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Essex-England
Contact:

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby LuKe » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:28 pm

yomo wrote:
LUKE2851 wrote:does any1 know what the second pic said or showed please help me out


Im not sure what the second one is but it isn't needed

Just make sure your document size is the same
Also if you use grayscale or RGB it doesnt matter as long as the only colours you are using are shades of white and black.

Just skip to step 3 with making jumps - and use the idea of the curves screen. That is what everyone else does

ok thanks yomo
but what do i do once ive done the first step cos once i do like a square box it doesnt look like what it does in the tutorial and i havent a clue how to make it look like that
thanks for your help yomo :D

yomo
Posts: 1930
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 am

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby yomo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:13 pm

You should have:

A black background (if not fill with 100% black on the background layer using the paint bucket)
Then using the square marquee make rectangle and fill it with a white-black gradient

Then follow the tutorial.

If that doesnt help, maybe post a screen shot
Image

LuKe
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Essex-England
Contact:

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby LuKe » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:24 pm

yomo wrote:You should have:

A black background (if not fill with 100% black on the background layer using the paint bucket)
Then using the square marquee make rectangle and fill it with a white-black gradient

Then follow the tutorial.

If that doesnt help, maybe post a screen shot

ok thanks alot yomo
what opacity do u do like a reasonabal sized jump at cos i did some at 75% and they were like a mile high lol

yomo
Posts: 1930
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 am

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby yomo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 pm

in your track folder you need to change the terrain.hf file

First download notepad++ - you can find it here http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
Then right click on terrain.hf in the track folder and there will be a few numbers

1st number is displacement map size - leave this
2nd number is the scale
3rd number is the minimum height leave this as 0
4th number is maximum height - make this around 30-40 (this is in feet)

Then make sure there is a blank line under everything and save the file

There is more on this here - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1134

Also on your photoshop document you will need at least 1 pixel 100% black and 1 pixel 100% white other wise when you save your map in the editor it will change the max height

Good luck
Image

LuKe
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Essex-England
Contact:

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby LuKe » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:10 pm

yomo wrote:in your track folder you need to change the terrain.hf file

First download notepad++ - you can find it here http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
Then right click on terrain.hf in the track folder and there will be a few numbers

1st number is displacement map size - leave this
2nd number is the scale
3rd number is the minimum height leave this as 0
4th number is maximum height - make this around 30-40 (this is in feet)

Then make sure there is a blank line under everything and save the file

There is more on this here - http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=2&t=1134

Also on your photoshop document you will need at least 1 pixel 100% black and 1 pixel 100% white other wise when you save your map in the editor it will change the max height

Good luck

thanks alot yomo
i got notepad ++
what do u mean about the 1 pixel 100% black and 1 pixel 100% white?

yomo
Posts: 1930
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 am

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby yomo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:24 pm

atleast 1 pixel on your document needs to be black
and atleast 1 pixel needs to be white
:lol:
So just make a small square in the corner and fill it with white and another small square and fill it with black
Image

LuKe
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:58 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Essex-England
Contact:

Re: Tuturial - Making a track on Photoshop

Postby LuKe » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:03 pm

:oops: oh lol ok yomo thanks alot
hopefully i can make some fun tracks now lol


Return to “Tutorials”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests