Questions About skin and model mkaing

Weekend Warrior
Team: Privateer

Questions About skin and model mkaing

Post by Weekend Warrior »

Hello there, let me just start off by saying why I'm here. after 2 years of making motocross graphics and loving every minute of it, my dream job went because of reasons not under my control. bored out of my mind one day I stumbled upon this game, after browsing the forums of all the fantastic creations everyone had made I knew this was what I wanted to do to fill my needs of making graphics again.

creating skins in adobe illustrator:
I know loads from making graphics through illustrator and would be most comfortable working on there. does anyone know if working on illustrator is suitable or is photoshop the only option. I don't necessarily like photoshop but i'm happy to use it if that's the way forward.

Creating Models:
Software, what do you use to make models. http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19082 I love this guys work, it's astonishing this got me in love with the model side of it.
a tutorial would nice about how to make models thanks :)

Due to my credit card being hacked online once I don't trust online shopping therefore don't have the game, so I'm sure beta testers will help me with my work :)

that's all thanks
twistmoto
Team: TwistMoto Racing

Re: Questions About skin and model mkaing

Post by twistmoto »

I personally use Illustrator for all of my initial design work and then put them in Photoshop as Smart Objects so I can further edit them in Illustrator. The biggest problem I could see doing all of the work in Illustrator is dealing with the shading, spec maps, and the normal maps. While it may be possible, it would take quite a bit of work to make it look good.
I personally use Blender for modeling and renders, while I believe Attacker (the guy's work you like) and p2sta use 3dMax. Blender is open source and as such has a pretty steep learning curve to produce the same results as 3dMax.
Hope that helps, and on a side note, it would really be wise to pick up the game if you plan on making anything for the game. There are tons of tiny details that only you will be able to see once you get your designs in the game... ;)
onlylikenerd
Team: Privateer

Re: Questions About skin and model mkaing

Post by onlylikenerd »

If you really wanted me to, I could make a basic tutorial on how to make bikes for mxs. You would need to give me time as I have not mastered the skill yet. I'm still in the trial/error phase. But I've been asking everywhere on the forums about this and I think I've gotten all my questions answered. Once I get this down, I could totally make a tutorial. I've only seen 2 tutorials on youtube on this, 1 which is not completed, and the other isn't really a tutorial, rather a speed modeling. I would use Blender for this as well and I do have a file which comes with a lot of great resources about this that have helped me a lot. Just PM me if you want me to make a tutorial, because I think we need one.
"in baseball,football,and basketball,they supply the balls. in motocross,bring your own!!!!! no fear...."