skinning question

Post about creating and skinning models here
luke552

skinning question

Post by luke552 »

What is the best app to use for skinning any suggestions? Also is there a good how to video on skinning?

local practice champ...
MxVelocity747 wrote:bout to install kidz in yo mouf
nickuzick

Re: skinning question

Post by nickuzick »

Everyone that knows what they're doing use either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. Gimp is absolute trash, so stay away from it.
John23

Post by John23 »

I use a mix of Photoshop and Illustrator for my bike skins

I use mainly Photoshop for the design move it into illustrator, vector it, make minor changes. Add logos in illustrator and move the final project into photoshop for adding to the bike and stuff.

You can get PS and ILL for about $10 a month. I honestly wouldn't do it any other way. Not worth it. Too many legality problems could come up which have for me.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

If you have no money as most people under 18, GIMP will do the trick. If you can afford it, photoshop is the better option.
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

John23 wrote:I use a mix of Photoshop and Illustrator for my bike skins

I use mainly Photoshop for the design move it into illustrator, vector it, make minor changes. Add logos in illustrator and move the final project into photoshop for adding to the bike and stuff.

You can get PS and ILL for about $10 a month. I honestly wouldn't do it any other way. Not worth it. Too many legality problems could come up which have for me.
Whatever works for you works but it seems unlogical to add logos in illustrator to have it vectorised only to export it pixelised with photoshop again. You can just import .eps and .ai logos directly to your template .psd and keep them as a smart object. If you want to use both then use both (it gives you experience) but for the results it's useless and it costs more time.

Back on topic: I would recommend Photoshop.