Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
Rallemx

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by Rallemx »

This might sound really stupid, if so, just ignore it..

For the keyboard users, another gas button, and with a slider (0-100) where 0 is no throttle at all, and where 100 is wfo, so you could set it to like 20 or so, depending on track and so on, it sucks having to press the gas button 50 times a second going through turns or engine braking through all of it..See what I mean? Just a suggestion.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

This is probably been requested alot but that only means we really could use it.

- Blue flags to show a lapped rider that leaders are on their way
- ingame bike setup loader/saver
- Ingame friendslist so u can see who is online and what server they're on?

And something for the MXS supercross series: shoutcasters with streaming?:D so the people who're not racing in the series can follow the main event and 1 or 2 shoutcasters:D
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Blueflag x3
I personlay check the map for lappers (if im geting lapped) but still it would be lot easyer.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Duckstream wrote:Blueflag x3
I personlay check the map for lappers (if im geting lapped) but still it would be lot easyer.
blue flag x4.

but maybe an easier solution would be to give the peole ahead of you a different color on the map.
for example; leader green, people in front of you blue, people behind white, finnished grey.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

Servatis wrote:
Duckstream wrote:Blueflag x3
blue flag x4.

but maybe an easier solution would be to give the peole ahead of you a different color on the map.
for example; leader green, people in front of you blue, people behind white, finnished grey.
also agreed with the map colors! this and the blue flag would be nice:D
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

well only this that the leader is green allready.
But simple to give times: People on front (the person infront you need +2.2seconds etc) and person whos nearest behind you and saying like -1.3seconds (P1 /P2 / P3) /LAP 4
So you know your in front of someone whos on lap 4 and your on 3 for etc..
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

I'd say that show the gap behind also. With that you would know if it's a leader behind you. You know if the gap wouldn't approximately match the distance of the rider behind, it is propably someone coming to lap you.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Vellu wrote:I'd say that show the gap behind also. With that you would know if it's a leader behind you. You know if the gap wouldn't approximately match the distance of the rider behind, it is propably someone coming to lap you.
I dont know, in a race with 12 people it's hectic enough. i dont want to have to be calculating the distance and time in my head. what if the guy that wants to lap is just lapping the guy behind you.. evectively masking the fact that he is lapping people. I think coloring the map would be a better option
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Prologue wrote:1) When taking off from a stop, you can't make sharp turns. This is due to initial conditions, namely the absence of an initial lean.

How to Solve: Allow leaning while stopped.
I tried that once and I remember it not working well. Things might have changed enough now that it might be worth another shot though.
Prologue wrote:2) At low speeds there is a bad feel because of the limited strength of leveling when it is tuned for a nice feel at high speeds. (I like low leveling at high speeds and high leveling at low speeds.)

How to Solve: Put in a slider for a slow leveling factor and one for slow leveling speed.
Yes, this is exactly what I was suggesting before. What I'd like to know is what value works well for you at low speed, and what value works for you at high speed.
everyone and their brother wrote:Blue flag x infinity
Would putting "let brock bye" on the pitboard be sufficient?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

If you mean the pit board on the HUD, I would say yeah. That would be pretty cool :) (wonder how many people don't know what that means).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

Post by JohnnyMac »

It went over my head. :(

That suggestion for 2 leveling sliders sounds really helpful. Would they include a falloff value for each too?

My suggestion: a new Suggestions Forum. :)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

let Broc bye would be epic! If I saw that on my pitboard and I was in the lead, I'd pullover for sure, haha.

What I'm about to say, or re-state, is crucial in my opinion:
In the timing gate file for each track, there needs to be a line that lets you specify which two timing gates for this to happen between;
Between two timing gates the pitboard .png and the lap times / person behind should flash up on the screen and then go off. The pitboard should only show on the one designated area of track, all other areas on the track you should not be able to see that info.
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

This probably sounds stupid, but I think it might be cool if you had a designated mechanic(a fellow team member) that would watch you ride in 3rd person and could write things on your pit board like "Hit that triple triple. you have the speed" and stuff like that.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

jlv wrote:
Prologue wrote:1) When taking off from a stop, you can't make sharp turns. This is due to initial conditions, namely the absence of an initial lean.

How to Solve: Allow leaning while stopped.
I tried that once and I remember it not working well. Things might have changed enough now that it might be worth another shot though.
Prologue wrote:2) At low speeds there is a bad feel because of the limited strength of leveling when it is tuned for a nice feel at high speeds. (I like low leveling at high speeds and high leveling at low speeds.)

How to Solve: Put in a slider for a slow leveling factor and one for slow leveling speed.
Yes, this is exactly what I was suggesting before. What I'd like to know is what value works well for you at low speed, and what value works for you at high speed.
everyone and their brother wrote:Blue flag x infinity
Would putting "let brock bye" on the pitboard be sufficient?
How exactly does the leveling work? Does it try to level more if you are leaned over more? Or, does it try to balance the torques up to a certain max that is set by the leveling slider?

For me, leveling of 35-45 is pretty good for low speed and 25-30 works well for high speed. I always vary it though, trying to find a decent balance. Right now I am just riding with it pretty high and dealing with the extra leveling at high speed. I would recommend that the speed slider be able to go all the way down to 0 or 1 mph (or whatever the units you use are). I really only feel like I need extra low speed leveling when I am going really slow.

Haha, although let brock bye would be funny, I would hardly ever notice it. It needs to be a new pop up to grab your attention in my opinion.