Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by giopanda »

jlv wrote:For now I'd duplicate the model and use a model specific normal map.
that's what i did :wink:
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

I just had an idea...it would be cool if we could make our name and number and saved it onto a alpha layer and in game it put that name and number onto the back of whatever gear you choose to wear. And have the normal and spec maps still somehow effect it also. Like for example just put something like this into your personal folder and have your name and number on all the gear in game....
Attachments
rider_body-ddmxV2-Oneal HW09 Darkhorse Yellow REID Makita Suzuki copy.png
(30.03 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

yea thats a sick idea!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

OH YEEEEEESSSS reidy, that s a reaaaaallly good idea!!! indeed it would be easier for everyone and we would not have to load every rider gear to see his personal gear!!!! awesome idea!!!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The people who are making these rider models could at least make the rider back plate that allows the number to show up on the back of the riders jersey. That would be a start. You wouldn't be able to make a normal and spec map to fit the numbers, but you could still define the specularity properties in the back plate model.

Hmmm, I'm going to see if you can make a normal and spec map for numbers.png. Doubt it will work though. Watch this space. EDIT: Fail
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

theres some thing i want in this game but it wood cost ALLOT i think and i don't think that it wood take that much time but you know what do i know, theres a software that is in some new games known ass euphoria
euphoria made its debut in Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto IV, followed by LucasArts’ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and is currently being integrated into multiple AAA titles including Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption and NaturalMotion’s debut title Backbreaker.
then what i am saying i want the guy to be able to fall of the bike. this wood be very annoying for someone but great for the most realistic game play of all games.
And of course this is a big and a stupid step but i just want to get this here(if it hasn't be four ) if this wood be put in the game he also wood run to the bike when he falls. i think this wood be pretty cool.

Magnússon#918
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

theres a software that is in some new games known ass euphoria
:lol:
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

Small things...small minds etc. :P
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

DJ wrote:
theres a software that is in some new games known ass euphoria
:lol:

hehe a typo, not that great wrighting English
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

I beleive that yFMX suggested euphoria once before too.
http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... 982#p42982

---

My suggestion would be to have more organized gear selection. Like the bike selection, you would choose from a category, the gear brand in this case (Fox, Thor, One Ind. etc.) Then you would pick the gear under those brands. To get this to work, maybe the file names could be:
"rider_body-'model'-'brand_name'-'skinname'"
eg: rider_body-ddmxv2-thor-core_black

So the game would look for the names "fox", "thor", etc in the filename, and it would put it under the brands ingame. With all of the gear i have to pick from, this would be easier than flipping through the pages to find where the gear i want is located.

This may not be needed for some, but i think it would be a pretty good addition.
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

DJ wrote:The people who are making these rider models could at least make the rider back plate that allows the number to show up on the back of the riders jersey. That would be a start. You wouldn't be able to make a normal and spec map to fit the numbers, but you could still define the specularity properties in the back plate model.

Hmmm, I'm going to see if you can make a normal and spec map for numbers.png. Doubt it will work though. Watch this space. EDIT: Fail

Since the normal map is a separate file could it possibly put the name and number down then have the normal map affect all of that? I kinda like the idea of making your own png to have the game put on the gear than the backplate and bike numbers. You can personalize it more that way. I dunno if it's possible to do all that but it would be cool to have.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Alright,so I mentioned this before,but I have a better idea.It's about the separated rider model.We should have boots for different models.So if you're using a askin on dd's model than have a selection for boots where it says ddmxv2-Tech 10 White.Or the same for Showtime's mdoel.

Thanks and kind regards
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

TO JLV and the dedicated people who add to this game

Post by SKERICK »

First off i have to say you guys are unreal!! i cant even begin to imagine how to create such a game, but Damn u have created a Jem!
My life is all about Motocross Watching, Riding, Reading i have played all the motocycle orientated games to have ever been released, and i have to say this is the only game that makes me feel satisfied. I am just beginning to get good enougth to experinance the true nature of this game, once you stop trying to play it like an arcade game and focus.. but i can tell my experience will only improve as i improve just like real life!
This game makes REFLEX and such games feel like weightless childrens games.
I was wondering whether you have thought about utilising a simlular full body control as REFLEX but obviously realistic, being able to weight the left or right footpeg while sitting in a berm or a rut would send this game to the stratasphere.
Seeing all the real life riders dedicated to this game, i can imagine this has already been a topic of interest. Yes or no thanks for the game it makes me feel warm inside to know there are other crazy motocross buffs out there!! And some with the Hard work Ethic to make things like this for ppl like me :)
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

tyskorn wrote:Alright,so I mentioned this before,but I have a better idea.It's about the separated rider model.We should have boots for different models.So if you're using a askin on dd's model than have a selection for boots where it says ddmxv2-Tech 10 White.Or the same for Showtime's mdoel.

Thanks and kind regards
I'm sure jlv realizes this. If my counting is correct, this is the 162.325 time this has been said so far.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Someone mentioned it 3/8ths of a time !?!? :shock:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.