Start Gates

Post your suggestions here
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

Start Gates

Post by JohnnyMac »

Im getting tired of the start gate antics allowed...

- If someone jumps the start gate are they penalized? (Im talking about those that jump over gate 5 seconds before it drops and riding around first turn before anyone takes off) If not penalized, why not?

- Bikes should not be allowed to back up 5 ft while waiting for gate to drop. BS. I understand if someone tries to get holeshot and hits gate they must back up afterwards, but not 5ft BEFORE gate drops.

- Ive been knocked over by others moving around at the gate. They get away clean and Im stuck straightening my bike into upright position for 5 seconds. Any bs before gate drops should be disqualified.

I dont know of any other simulation that allows so much trouble to go on before a race even starts. :(
mxkid592

Re: Start Gates

Post by mxkid592 »

JohnnyMac wrote:Im getting tired of the start gate antics allowed...

- If someone jumps the start gate are they penalized? (Im talking about those that jump over gate 5 seconds before it drops and riding around first turn before anyone takes off) If not penalized, why not?

- Bikes should not be allowed to back up 5 ft while waiting for gate to drop. BS. I understand if someone tries to get holeshot and hits gate they must back up afterwards, but not 5ft BEFORE gate drops.

- Ive been knocked over by others moving around at the gate. They get away clean and Im stuck straightening my bike into upright position for 5 seconds. Any bs before gate drops should be disqualified.

I dont know of any other simulation that allows so much trouble to go on before a race even starts. :(

all true, this problem should be fixed, to many riders turn into other peoples gate before it even drops. also alot of people jump the starting gate, and ill admit i have jumped the gate a few times, just to get to a jump where i wanted to whip off of.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You dont need hand guards if you know you will be in front.
Check out some of my mxs whips they are sick!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTfb6xUElE
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

JohnnyMac wrote:
More or less track creator issue (some users have places objects/logs right behind the gate from preventing backing up (smart )
Ive been knocked over by others moving around at the gate. They get away clean and Im stuck straightening my bike into upright position for 5 seconds. Any bs before gate drops should be disqualified
Shit happens here and there... but maybe a idea is to make everyone in a "warmup" no collision mode till after the gate drops ? (just thought about that might work ?)

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

the backing up 5 feet is great for a full gate race to have 2 rows but if its to jump the gate and get that little edge then it should be only 2 steps max...
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

iceman967 wrote:the backing up 5 feet is great for a full gate race to have 2 rows but if its to jump the gate and get that little edge then it should be only 2 steps max...
If there are less that 40 gates, it cycles back through the gates on row 2 this time as the gate choice increases. (i.e. on a track with 20 gates, 1-20 is first row, 21-40 is row 2)
sweden
Team: JPR

Post by sweden »

you can jump the gate in real life .... stand back and then just wheelie the bike up when you see the starting grid is on the way to fall down and then youre first over the starting grid and maybe take the holeshot easyly !
mxkid592

Post by mxkid592 »

sweden wrote:you can jump the gate in real life .... stand back and then just wheelie the bike up when you see the starting grid is on the way to fall down and then youre first over the starting grid and maybe take the holeshot easyly !
thanks for the lesson lol, you cant really jump the gate, like you do in mxs, but you can help push the gate down if you time it right giving you alot better starts:mrgreen:

Check out some of my mxs whips they are sick!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTfb6xUElE
mxkid592

Post by mxkid592 »

mxkid592 wrote: thanks for the lesson lol, you cant really jump the gate, like you do in mxs, but you can help push the gate down if you time it right giving you alot better starts:mrgreen:
sorry to double post, is this your meaning lol?

ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

sweden wrote:you can jump the gate in real life .... stand back and then just wheelie the bike up when you see the starting grid is on the way to fall down and then youre first over the starting grid and maybe take the holeshot easyly !
Sweden, you specifically back up so that you can get a good jump on the gate because you time the gate every race.... its obvious. If you time it too early you hit the gate.... if you dont, you are like 6 bike lengths in front of everyone else because you are doing 25mph as you cross over the gate while everyone else is starting from a stand still....

It absolutely SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD. The whole point of a start gate is to put everyone on a equal playing field by testing every riders' reaction.... not their luck
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

^^
When guys do that on the online servers, I like to motor into them pinned so they fly into the next county...

Def, should not be allowed, maybe a way to disable "backup" for a certain number of seconds while the race starts?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Would anyone care if this breaks the freestyle maps with the buried start gates?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

What do you mean by buried?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

There is at least one track that has the start pad above the gate so you don't have to wait for it to drop.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

jlv wrote:Would anyone care if this breaks the freestyle maps with the buried start gates?
freestyle & anyone caring dont go together :)

and im def all about sacrificing things to make a better progression.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
mx4Him

Post by mx4Him »

i think it would be cool if you could have the starting gate drop randomly, like every race the gate drops at a different time. it would help with people timing the gate, and it'd be more realistic.