Telementary

Post your suggestions here
stocksy129

Telementary

Post by stocksy129 »

i'd like to be able to see the amount of braking force going into a corner or throttle, how much your suspension's bottoming out
Like Forza uses, it would help the newer people out a lot as they can see how the "faster" guys are breaking latter etc...
ex. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_c6eej13Ry_A/R ... emetry.jpg
Just a thought....
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Re: Telementary

Post by Axle McOctane »

Yes that would be cool. Watching Motogp on tv they sometimes show the exact throttle, brake, and lean angles of the riders. To take it further, in time trial mode, you could leave a trail that indicates where your braking and throttle points are. A red trail for braking, a green trail for gas, and it could be light or dark based on if you're on the gas/brakes fully or just slightly.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

I'm not such a big fan of the brake/throttle telemetry, but suspension telemetry would be awesome. For one, suspension tuning is not a science. You must be able to feel what the bike is doing. I cant always feel whats going on, so being able to watch a demo and see the forces as well as the position, velocity, and acceleration of the suspension would be nice.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Full data read outs would be cool...I used to upload data to the computers in our semi after every session when I was a go kart mechanic, and we would look at RPM's, MPH, temp, and so forth (it mapped the track out with gps) for every lap, and be able to see if the engine was falling off, if jetting sucked, if we needed to change gearing...was really useful, and would be really useful in this game (to those nerds who are into that sort of thing, i.e. JLV I know you fall into this category with me! haha)
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

OH, and at supernationals one year, the european factory team (europe's karting industry is way bigger) came over and they even had tire pressures and everything in the data!
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

That is a good reason to never get into karting...so much money, time and effort is needed to be competitive. Motocross is much more forgiving in that regard, you can just have mad skillz and a stock bike then go out and school everyone. Of course breaking your back/arm/legs/wrist/face is much more common in motocross so...yeah. Maybe I need to start an offroad karting league that is basically motocross on four wheels (not dirt ovals). We'd take two cr80's and weld them together for a frame, and sit between the frames rofl. Actually that wouldn't work, the spoked wheels aren't meant to take the sideways torquing forces...crap.
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

Axle McOctane wrote:To take it further, in time trial mode, you could leave a trail that indicates where your braking and throttle points are. A red trail for braking, a green trail for gas, and it could be light or dark based on if you're on the gas/brakes fully or just slightly.

LOVING that idea - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!
If the suspension telemetary could somehow be included (not sure how to visually represent that tho) it'd be the coolest telemetary readout ever.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

always max breaking, and always max throttle! always
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

really? I don't think i'm ever "max" except through whoops... When using front brake fully slows you down too much and you can't slide into the corners as well, just my opinion, every one plays this game differently i guess :/
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

You're never wide open?

I'm wide open almost everywhere :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

no... Well, i don't really play nationals (cause i suck at it) So i mainly stick to Sx hence the reason why i say i'm rarely full throttle, only point i'm usually full throttle is to slide the bike into something or around.
You guys use rear brakes? I use it just as much as the front... Helps a lot, i found that you can charge into corners much better, just learn to control the back wheel from washing out...
I know it's offtopic.. But i just wanted to know if you guys use it or not?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Are you using anti-lock in the rear? I use it in the front but use normal rear on a button, only use it to square up corners or brake tap.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

i use anti lock in the front and normal on the rear, no way, i use it going into corners, through whoops also when i case jumps, but i didn't tell you that :twisted:
I hate using it to square up.. But no one try what i said because it's slow? :D