Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
wakestyle21

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by wakestyle21 »

its not just about space...You have to have a fast connection which is what you pay for.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

wakestyle21 wrote:its not just about space...You have to have a fast connection which is what you pay for.
for 1, i dont think people will mind 100kb/sec download speeds if it would be cheap to use.

Secondly, i have pretty fast cable internet.
thats 10.3mb/sec down, about 1.1mb/sec up.... just fine for hosting a website
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

sorry man I'm not paying for that. That will work fine for 1 person but if you get like 5 or 10 people trying to download at once it will be terribly slow.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Why not use php instead of .net? That way you don't need a Windows server.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

cause I program in c# for a living and I already have the app programed.
SuzukiRidr326
Team: Privateer

Post by SuzukiRidr326 »

what about the white smoke for the 2-strokes? and different exhasut sounds would be pretty awesome
DJD

Post by DJD »

I dont know about the smoke thing..........but the Game definatly needs Better Exhaust Tones....... :shock:
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

i dont know if this has been said before but i think it would be sick if you could change the seat model, muffler and header model, and bars model in the game so that the pipe doesn't just look like a skinned stock pipe. i dont know how hard that would be but if it where possible it would be pretty cool
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

On the case of sounds (Btw im not pressuring it to be added soon just putting an idea out there) has anyone used midtown madness2? Im not definate on the system it uses but it seems to me like it is pretty similar to the artificial one JLV uses, with three recorded wavs overlayed. ONe for tickover, mid revs and high revs. Altogether it sound pretty nice and natural, giving a sound proportional to the revs but keeping a nice engine note.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, thats not a bad idea, as long as the sounds did match the rpm though, unlike MVA's sounds where it still sounds like your accelerating when you aren't.

See people, this sort of input is useful. Instead of just wanting something, how bout throwing in some idea's on how it can be achieved
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

I think ive said this before;
When hitting the rev velometer, a sound file that that sounds like the pop sound get "enabled or something.
Like @ 10000rpms enabled betweend 1sec - 3 seconds (random so it doesnt sound like brap-pop-brap-pop-brap-pop)
and @ 13000rpms 0.4sec to 1sec.

Could that work?
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

that would make the game so much better.

the rider leaning i know that the update is coming soon but when your going in to a corner is it possible to make his leg stick out so then in a rut it would feel more realistic and also could make it easier. Thats if it's not in the new update coming out (whens it released?) :roll:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

It will be out soon

Having a leg sticking out shouldn't be too hard, unless JLV has the animations linked with the physics, because he will only have the leg sticking out if it doesn't effect the physics I'd say
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

DJ wrote:It will be out soon

Having a leg sticking out shouldn't be too hard, unless JLV has the animations linked with the physics, because he will only have the leg sticking out if it doesn't effect the physics I'd say

well to be realistic shouldnt it effect the physics? kind of like real life you dont stick your leg out in the corners to look cool, theres a reason.

edit* couldnt it be linked up with sit/dab? like if the tires are on the ground when you dabed it would stick the leg out? and there could be another factor to adjust how much he sticks his leg out.

i dunno just thinkin out loud.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

would be cool if when you sit/dab in the air and you are leaning to one side the rider puts that leg out. This would look really cool when hitting a jump right into a corner.