Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
yomo

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by yomo »

man with all of these updates this game is going to be unbelievable. JLV really needs set up a donations page because his efforts really deserve some reward :D Obviosuly not compulsory but if people see the need im sure JLV would take it :lol:
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Well, I'm seeing new members every day, sometimes two or three. I'm sure at least some of them are buying the game. I know with the new rider model and all these updates sales sure aren't slowing down!
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

anyone thinking on making a program to read the new results output chart we got and have it do the results for us?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I reakon you should be able to change your boots + goggles. and them have like a little picture of what you gear setup is on the rider!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

I can probably make a program for the results. I got a couple other things I want to finish up first though.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Hey maybe when you buy this game, you should have to pick a number and assign yourself a name, and the game keeps track of all the numbers so no one has the same number and all the rider numbers are official??
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Garasaki wrote:Hey maybe when you buy this game, you should have to pick a number and assign yourself a name, and the game keeps track of all the numbers so no one has the same number and all the rider numbers are official??
That is a good idea, but I know that when I race sometimes I replicate pro riders by bikes and numbers. Maybe, adding on to this, when online is added you make a profile for instance. When you create a profile you select your number. If that number is already taken then you choose again. Or you are forced to take the number that you chose.

Here's what I think:
In the nationals here in the US a newcomer cannot choose a number within the range of 1 - 99. Those numbers are reserved for the returning pros that completed in the outdoor series the previous season. What I think is that before we can assign legit two digit numbers we need to have one more outdoor series. A twelve round series. Everyone on the forum is encouraged to participate. Numbers 1 - 99 are based on those results with number 1 choosing first, number 15 in the series choosing 15th. After all the numbers are taken by the series runners then newcomers will be allowed to choose one of the remaining numbers. Every year a series will take place assigning new numbers.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

yeah its really good idea , and maybe auto updates or all new skins ant other stuff in one update and than in every week or mounth..
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

ddmx488 wrote:
Garasaki wrote:Hey maybe when you buy this game, you should have to pick a number and assign yourself a name, and the game keeps track of all the numbers so no one has the same number and all the rider numbers are official??
That is a good idea, but I know that when I race sometimes I replicate pro riders by bikes and numbers. Maybe, adding on to this, when online is added you make a profile for instance. When you create a profile you select your number. If that number is already taken then you choose again. Or you are forced to take the number that you chose.

Here's what I think:
In the nationals here in the US a newcomer cannot choose a number within the range of 1 - 99. Those numbers are reserved for the returning pros that completed in the outdoor series the previous season. What I think is that before we can assign legit two digit numbers we need to have one more outdoor series. A twelve round series. Everyone on the forum is encouraged to participate. Numbers 1 - 99 are based on those results with number 1 choosing first, number 15 in the series choosing 15th. After all the numbers are taken by the series runners then newcomers will be allowed to choose one of the remaining numbers. Every year a series will take place assigning new numbers.
Several thoughts:

I don't disagree with the idea of having to earn a 2 digit number. In the recent number registration thread, I was very hesitant to post my prefered number (#9) because it was single digit (AMA - reserved for past champions). I saw others posting single digit numbers though and felt it was better to grab it while the gettin was good, so to speak.

My personal opinion is I would rather have assigned numbers that each person carries "from the start" (obviously those of us currently playing would not have it from the start, but that's the idea anyway) then to be able to replicate real life riders. My personal opinion is that I do not care for replicas, either tracks, bikes, gears, or in the case numbers but I would value the instant recognition that would come from a deeply rooted number scheme. In other words, I acknowledge the sacrifice of the ability to run replica style riders and I am comfortable with that trade off (this is simply my personal opinion and my own unique set of priorities).

I don't necessarily disagree with the idea of running a national series to choose numbers of off, but I also think that may be adding a lot of complexity and this may be an issue where keeping it simple might rule. Hypothethically (this is how I see it), lets say this feature is added. Numbers for new "customers" would be on a 1st come 1st served basis. And they stay perminant (no annual changes). So that part would be simple. Choosing numbers for existing customers would be the potentially complicated part - I don't have a good answer for that.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
rgaede
Team: Privateer

Post by rgaede »

As far as the numbering goes, I think that it should be like the traditional numbering system, kinda like what ddmx said. Only that you take an sx, and the mx and figure out your ranking among the other riders. The champs would obviously run #1, but everyone else would run what they earned throughout the season. The current numbering system, which is continually morphing back into what it was, was originally designed for advertisers that wanted to promote riders. It made it easier to promote riders/teams/bikes/products with assigned numbers, like nascar.
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
AC19

Post by AC19 »

tear offs would be sweet

when you crash your guy should actualy fall of the bike and not just stay on and flip like a thousand times

it also would be sweet if we could do tricks
moorin

Post by moorin »

and tbh none of those make the game any better they just start to take the game to a mva level of gameplay in my opinion. i think we are getting too complicated, i think we should need to carry on like we are but with more classes
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Why consitrict ourselves to numbers? After we get 999 people signed up we're screwed, should JLV only sell 999 copies? LOL

I'd say a profile system would cut it, there's limitless possibilities if we can all choose a name and number. :) As far as number assigning is concerned I think we should leave it up to the people running the league/series. If they want it to be a free for all, first come first server, or assign numbers based on past results it should be up to them. We should put more consideration into making this game as limitless as possible and not trying to constrict everyone to one system. In the long run this approach will yield far more users, and make them happier, thus them telling their friends to join in the fun. :)

Just my opinion though, take it for what its worth. (nothing, lol)
Dustin434

Post by Dustin434 »

i think we need bigger numbers on the bike and mabey some cooler looking fonts but thats more skinning
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

Phathry25 wrote:Why consitrict ourselves to numbers? After we get 999 people signed up we're screwed, should JLV only sell 999 copies? LOL

I'd say a profile system would cut it, there's limitless possibilities if we can all choose a name and number. :) As far as number assigning is concerned I think we should leave it up to the people running the league/series. If they want it to be a free for all, first come first server, or assign numbers based on past results it should be up to them. We should put more consideration into making this game as limitless as possible and not trying to constrict everyone to one system. In the long run this approach will yield far more users, and make them happier, thus them telling their friends to join in the fun. :)

Just my opinion though, take it for what its worth. (nothing, lol)
i completely agree
WHOA THERE