a different bike to model geometry for 250 smokers

Post your suggestions here
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

a different bike to model geometry for 250 smokers

Post by Axle McOctane »

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the 250 smokers, based on the 2006? kx250, handle like crap. Just like the dog crap I used to handle as a kid before I threw it at my brother. Just like the kitty box crunchies my brother's dog handles in her mouth before gulping them down.

I know it's not easy to find all the geometry information for any given bike, but could we please change the geometry to that of a cr250, or anything else? Hardly anyone is racing a 250 smoker in the supercross series, and I don't think it's because they aren't fast enough. They're faster and lighter than a 250f. They don't handle nearly as good though, and I can't find any kind of decent suspension setup to fix the bad geometry. It feels like it needs to be choppered out like crazy to not lose the front end coming into every turn, but then it has too much oversteer coming out of the turn.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Re: a different bike to model geometry for 250 smokers

Post by tyskorn »

I like the handling on them, the reason I only raced on one two times in the 450 class was because I couldn't hit all the big lines that everyone does on a 450, and I felt that I needed to be able to do that.
dudy#75

Post by dudy#75 »

:lol: yea the 250s have a realy short powerband ,some engine tuning would be nice
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Axle McOctane wrote:I know I'm not the only one who thinks the 250 smokers, based on the 2006? kx250, handle like crap. Just like the dog crap I used to handle as a kid before I threw it at my brother. Just like the kitty box crunchies my brother's dog handles in her mouth before gulping them down.

I know it's not easy to find all the geometry information for any given bike, but could we please change the geometry to that of a cr250, or anything else? Hardly anyone is racing a 250 smoker in the supercross series, and I don't think it's because they aren't fast enough. They're faster and lighter than a 250f. They don't handle nearly as good though, and I can't find any kind of decent suspension setup to fix the bad geometry. It feels like it needs to be choppered out like crazy to not lose the front end coming into every turn, but then it has too much oversteer coming out of the turn.
CR250's did not have the best geometry in stock form. Everything I've read says offset triple clamps are a must.

I'd rather have a YZ250 Geometry.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

I'd rather have the real geometry for every bike but I guess that's not too high on jlv's to do list. :(
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

I think the 250s are almost perfect to how they are IRL, they feel so plush in the game
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

[quote="ShackAttack12"

I'd rather have a YZ250 Geometry.[/quote]

+1
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Everyone knows the RM has the best geometry!

Maybe I should lighten up the 250 rider? Right now the 250 and 450f riders are 175 lbs and everything else has a 150 lb rider. Seems like they ought to be the same for the heavy class though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jeff
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Jeff »

jlv wrote:Everyone knows the RM has the best geometry!

Maybe I should lighten up the 250 rider? Right now the 250 and 450f riders are 175 lbs and everything else has a 150 lb rider. Seems like they ought to be the same for the heavy class though.
Agreed, And i love my 2008 RM250!!!
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

Would bringing the lights rider up to 165, and the 250/450 rider down to the same not make more sense?
The 250f's are overpowered as it is?
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

Ashes wrote:The 250f's are overpowered as it is?
wat
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:I'd rather have a YZ250 Geometry.
+1 :!:
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

jlv wrote:Everyone knows the RM has the best geometry!