Pitch Shift in playback

Post your suggestions here
JP37R
Team: JPR

Pitch Shift in playback

Post by JP37R »

Engine sounds higher pitched coming towards camera, lower pitched going away from camera. Amount of pitch shift varies with speed. Sound waves are compressed when the motorcycle coming at you and extended going away which causes this difference in pitch. If you have never noticed it in real life, go watch some videos and listen for the pitch shift it will be obvious. I think integration into the game would be a step forward. If it's already in the game them disregard this suggestion. However I have not noticed any pitch shift in the game.
mxsisboss

Re: Pitch Shift in playback

Post by mxsisboss »

So wish that the Doppler effect be added to the sounds in game correct?
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

DP, *So you wish
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It been in there since pre-1.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

jlv wrote:It been in there since pre-1.

Ok, disregard then. Just when I thought I noticed something... the effect is very noticeable in real moto videos from trackside camera the bikes pass by but playing back game demo's I don't notice it, thats why I thought it wasn't there. Thanks for the reply.