just a little thought!

Post your suggestions here
doitnasty
Team: Privateer

just a little thought!

Post by doitnasty »

i feel like mxs has some what fell back a litte since 2012.. mxs needs to be more organized! downloading tracks, models and skins are somewhat of a hassel for new players and in some cases; it could push them away from the game.

organization is key, and can expand a game faster than who knows what.. maybe one of the best things that could ever happen to mxs is having game content at the click of a button. not only would it be nice to scroll through a list of bike models, skins and tracks designed and uploaded from mxs but it would be fantastic if the download imported the content directly to the game! earlier i read a review and the comments had nothing but hate over the fact that the game didn't have "direct downloads" and was "irritating" when searching for new content. so i came up with a suggestion --now, aside of the forums, i think it would be nice if mxs introduced a special section on the website devoted purely for direct downloads that are designed and published on behalf of mxs.. like a few new bike/rider skins added to the list..like maybe once every two weeks or so to keep the newer/less experienced crowd happy. also, it wouldn't hurt having a dedicated designer keep up with bike models/riders and have the *new releases* posted and advertised on the main screen accordenly to the release of the make/models/year.. which would be a blessing to even the most advanced players.

now don't get me wrong, i've seen some sick looking models and i do believe attackers an dj has that on lock down, they're great at what they do but will they always be around? having all of the forum downloads an manualy putting them into folder groups is a excellent a way of gaining new content from friends and other riders.. on the other hand, that method is for the less confused and more advanced players. i feel like we would end up securing more of our newcomers if they had more of a chance to hit the ground and go rather than running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. nonetheless, it's great that manual downloads from the forums are available and they should always be available, everyone loves that customized content!

hopefully the art of my idea wasn't sufficated in these beefy paragraphs lol but thanks for reading and leave some feedback! --have a great day!
Come practice with us!!
https://discord.gg/vGSczY
JP37R
Team: JPR

Re: just a little thought!

Post by JP37R »

In the interest of organization and being organized, forum post titles should reflect the content of the post. A proper post title makes it easier for people to find what they are looking for and allows the forum search engine to be more effective.
doitnasty

Post by doitnasty »

JP37R wrote:In the interest of organization and being organized, forum post titles should reflect the content of the post. A proper post title makes it easier for people to find what they are looking for and allows the forum search engine to be more effective.
there's no argument there! now im regretting the name of the post. atleast now i'll be more thoughtful when adding a post. thank you
Come practice with us!!
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Personally I would rather see JLV work on stuff that actually makes the game better. I think simply adding more sub sections would solve a lot of the problem, lets say models/skins because they are the real "problem". So in the models section there would be sub sections for model releases, skin releases, and maybe one for requests. That way it would be organized and everyone can find what they are looking for without having some mass download where you get a bunch of junk you dont want.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Is there anything stopping doitnasty from doing what he suggested? Organizing everything...
Gideon#67

Post by Gideon#67 »

Phathry25 wrote:Is there anything stopping doitnasty from doing what he suggested? Organizing everything...
You and your negativity are. Your mind powers are phenomenal and resistance is futile.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

How is my negative attitude stopping him from helping new comers?

It's just silly to bitch about how disorganized something is and wanting it fixed but not wanting to do anything for that to happen. At least when I was fed up with having to track down all the bike, rider an helmet models I went and did something about it, shitty attitude and all.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Thanks for the replacement packs phat. :D
doitnasty

Post by doitnasty »

Phathry25 wrote:How is my negative attitude stopping him from helping new comers?

It's just silly to bitch about how disorganized something is and wanting it fixed but not wanting to do anything for that to happen. At least when I was fed up with having to track down all the bike, rider an helmet models I went and did something about it, shitty attitude and all.
I'm not bitching buddy, it's call a "suggestion". An I don't care at all to help new people out but can mxs expect to grow by counting on their players to do all the work when it come to recruiting players? My suggestion was based on a technique that will capture people that are disappointed with mxs because they're not getting the chance to witness all that it has to offer.
Come practice with us!!
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

So you want MX sim to grow but don't want to do anything to help it grow?

I don't see much difference between what you've suggested and what's already been done. JLV can't police or support the unofficial add on content for his game. There's forum threads listing and linking to available content and website that does much the same.

Not much else can be done besides the end user not being lazy.
MX181

Post by MX181 »

I think it got it,

A new section on the forum called release stuff. Then when you click on it you see all the newest post but there 3 sub sections tracks, gear and bikes. Would be the way and I think.
doitnasty

Post by doitnasty »

Phathry25 wrote:So you want MX sim to grow but don't want to do anything to help it grow?

I don't see much difference between what you've suggested and what's already been done. JLV can't police or support the unofficial add on content for his game. There's forum threads listing and linking to available content and website that does much the same.

Not much else can be done besides the end user not being lazy.

jlv has done a great job setting the game straight, all im saying is in order for more people to understand the game like you and i do they have to do some hardcore research. in order for more people to enjoy the game an get addicted, is has to be less confusing for the new people to understand... that's why i brought up the direct downloads published from mx sim. if a average person can throw in "mx vs atv reflex/alive" and have game content at the tip of their fingers then why can't mx sim do the same? not to mention a step further and have custom content as well(forums). in my opinion mxs is much better than any mx vs atv game but mx vs atv is much more user friendly for new people, so of course more people are going to play it... mx sim needs to be more user friendly so new people can pick up on it, fall in love with it then learn about all the mods ect... this game is not for those who aren't die hard motocross fans because they're blinded by all of the research they have to do before they can have good bikes, skins and tracks.... which is why i was suggesting game content from mxs with direct downloads so new user don't have to fight their way through ONE forum, codes, and placing the folders ect... sure it's easy for us because we've taken the time to learn it. i just wonder how many people has turned away from mxs because they're not aware of all the content that is scrambled in the forums and or of all of the complications of getting new content from the internet to the game, again which is why i was suggesting direct downloads with easy access/individual section published and advertised on behalf of mxs and not only relying on the forums. so i was was suggesting to give them a little taste of those things before they throw this game away thinking that it's trash. having a separate category for easy downloads published from mxs would be a easy, great way for new users to enjoy, once they fall in love with that then they can start exploring forums for custom content(forums) ect.. and im far from lazy and if i could do anything to help, you better bet i would.. which is why i posted this forum...
Come practice with us!!
doitnasty

Post by doitnasty »

MX181 wrote:I think it got it,

A new section on the forum called release stuff. Then when you click on it you see all the newest post but there 3 sub sections tracks, gear and bikes. Would be the way and I think.
right! lol but even take it a step forward and instead of using the forums for that, make a section at the top, on the navigation bar from the front page.
Come practice with us!!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I am pretty sure that IF you´d ask the commentators, Ralph and Jeff from the AMA lite broadcast, they´d surely show clips from the MXS championship, and tell you to check the game out. BUT what would happend? This forum would no longer work because so man would download the game and there´d be a TON of noobs, spammers and questions which have answers in the FAQ. Also the servers? Stock servers would be occupied 24/7.

IN MY OPINION (and wishes?) I think it´s best if mxs grows as it is now, slowly and "controlable"
doitnasty

Post by doitnasty »

Wahlamt wrote:I am pretty sure that IF you´d ask the commentators, Ralph and Jeff from the AMA lite broadcast, they´d surely show clips from the MXS championship, and tell you to check the game out. BUT what would happend? This forum would no longer work because so man would download the game and there´d be a TON of noobs, spammers and questions which have answers in the FAQ. Also the servers? Stock servers would be occupied 24/7.

IN MY OPINION (and wishes?) I think it´s best if mxs grows as it is now, slowly and "controlable"
though i'd love to see the game massively grow, you do splat a good point there. lol
Come practice with us!!