Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
zane

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by zane »

yzmxer608 wrote:
DJ_Diehl#777 wrote:I depend on engine braking in collaboration with the front brake to slow down......

I rarely use the rear brake.
I didn't know this game had engine braking... I have the rear and front brake on one button, both are antilock. If the rear brake is not antilock it is completely useless except for power slides, it takes forever to stop, it just slides like you are on ice.

why the rear brake has little or no control is because, the wheels of the game have no tyre pressure, therefore its like riding with skateboard wheels.

it all depends not only on skill, but what level of hardness the terrain is. Ride a sand track like voutares Cuttingsville Moto Park and you'll find you'll have much more control over the rear end. ride a stock track or hard pack terrain and its like trying to ride supermoto on ice.

If there was anyway you can set your tyre pressures that would be great. Not only will you be able to have much more brake control, but you will be able to stick in ruts and hook corners so much easier and more realisticly, and most importantly, the bike wont react to every little bump that you hit.

If tyre pressure can be changed, this would have a very great realistic effect on handling.

plus this way tracks can be much more realisticly rough, without losing riding control. Theres not that many mxs tracks that have 2ft deep ruts and bumps, but instead most are like footpaths. :P
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah I'm really looking forward to JLV working on the whole tire traction/pressure situation. I'm under the impression that was high on the list after multiplayer (which was formally released in V 1.2).
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yomo

Post by yomo »

yeah i agree...

JLV what are you looking to work on next? (After the 1.2 Update)

I do think the game could do with a major graphics upgrade along with website and stuff like that...
AverageMatt.
Team: Privateer

Post by AverageMatt. »

I've got used to the graphics now though, Sould make em good and not laggy.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Ok heres my few views on the whole graphics issue:

1. People need to wake up and realize that you cant have good graphics with a shitty computer. Every new game these days has options for good and bad computer just like MXS. People need to realize if you want good graphics you need a good computer or else you are going to need to put the graphics down really low...

To say "No! don't make the graphics better, my computer will lag" Is pretty ridiculous...

2. As it stand the graphics of MXS that you pay for are pretty ordinary... Obviously that is 100% understandable as JLV has been working his butt off for the physics but still the graphics are pretty bad.

Yes people can make the game look better by downloading user content but this should not be an excuse for forgetting the graphics that are meant to come with the game you pay for. (Im not saying JLV is overlooking this but its still valid)

Do you guys ever wonder why JLV uses the stock RM 125? The default gear? Why the website has no screen shots of any user created? Has no reference to use content? And why his signature is from a demo race BUT has no way of telling what model people are using etc...

This is because this content doesn't come with the game you pay for and is not under the copyright...

At the moment people go to http://www.mxsimulator.com and see some videos of decent tracks, decent textures, VERY ordinary models, Very ordinary skins, Extremely low use of objects which are all really basic and "boring"

I really do believe the physics at this point in time are as good as they need to be in comparison to the rest of the game... Yes it is important to have good physics (probably the most important) BUT there does need to be a balance.

Obviously I'm not in JLV's shoes but from what i can see this is what i would look at doing.

1. Leave the physics as they are for the time being - They really are amazing and many many people have said they helped there actual real life riding

2. The next 1.3 update should be assigned to a complete graphics over haul - The same amount of time spent on the physics and multiplayer

This would include:
New models
New skins - Bike and Rider (real life gear etc etc...)
New objects
New tracks - Replica's of MX and SX tracks?

Also I think a whole new menu system with bike/rider previews is due

Once some or all of this is done i really think a completely re-done website is in order... Something that stacks up against the "professional" game websites. (Type in Call of duty, MX vs ATV, Dirt 2 etc... They all have amazing websites)

Obviously this would all take a lot of time but i do believe it is needed.

Here is a comparison to help rest my case:

Firstly here is a screen shot that a potencial buyer of MXS will look at when considering purchasing this game. They have no idea that they can download tracks and models and they are thinking they will be faced with these boring graphics
Pretty plane and boring?

Or...

He is what MXS has the potential to look like
Yes this was done by a skilled modeler however the track, objects, rider, bike all make the game look so much better

Also people might not realize they can get models/tracks/skins off the forums so they really are playing with the plain graphics many of us would complain about IF we didn't have user created content. (If we didnt have the use stuff people would complain about the graphics every single day)

I really believe the graphics are the next stage for MXS to grow and sell ALOT more copies

Thanks for reading, id love to hear what other people think of this
AverageMatt.

Post by AverageMatt. »

I agree with some of the points but i got a bit lost
Now i may of read it wrong but at the beguining you were saying they were okay and not the most important issue (which they arnt)
Then at the end you were talking about improving the graphics (Yes they COULD do with a little tart up but i think they are okay, just get used to them and stop whining)

I liked all the other idea though about the 1.3 should have, Very nice
yomo

Post by yomo »

Yeah i probably changed somewhere in there... it was 2:30 in the morning while i was watching the tennis and I was making it up as i went :D

But yeah basically my point was I think this game will be able to sell way more copies if the graphics were up to level of the physics and game play
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

yeah its true what say yomo, me when i look at the game it took me few time, and epsecially when i saw the videos of mittocs, dj diehl... to see that this game was great, but when you see the default scrennshot or video it does not look so appealing! after some search and because i love motocross i finally bought then!! but ti s true that as yomo show, when you see the second screenshot, with sponsors, or at least the bike well made... it looks really good!!!!
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

At first I totally agreed with you Yomo, but when I think about I figure it would be a waste of time. It would take JLV ages to model and texture all of those bikes and everyone would still probably use the community ones anyway. All of that time which could have been used producing better physics (which is what sells the game more than graphics like all simulators). Along with this I am not sure what copyright issues are ie if JLV makes his models too close to genuine bikes is that illegal?

I do agree that the GUI could be improved though as this part is difficult for the community to mod plus I think improved shaders are in the pipeline. I just think it is a bit pointless on JLV's part modeling and skinning a load of bikes that the community have done for him already.

Maybe it would be better to just include some community stuff in the official release?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I think letting the rider bail and wreck should be higher on the priority list. Mainly because thats whats making this game feel like its not done yet.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Yeah i can see where you are coming from...

I don't think JLV could ever officially add the user content to the game or "promote" the game on the fact that user content is available. I also doubt that JLV will be willing to spend heaps of time on the graphics department. But i really hope some work is done

I've been thinking about it and I still think that an optional expansion pack made in accordance with JLV could really help the game. I have no idea if messiah and JLV are still talking but I really hope they are :D

But something must be done because at the moment i really think alot of people have been put off.

Think about this scenario:
You might have heard of Mx simulator somewhere (Maybe a video on youtube, or at MX HQ?)
You say hmm a motocross simulator, lets try it out so you search MX simulator in google

Up comes http://www.mxsimulator.com, a pretty plain boring site (Plain black writing, grey background, white banner complete with a plain logo) It really does look "amateur" (seriously no offense JLV you are doing an incredible job... but just some constructive criticism)

Now some people might be put off at this stage but im sure alot will continue on.
So you now go to the screen shots page and check it out... remember at this stage you have not seen the game play so you don't know the potential of this game (For some that are too lazy here is the screen shots page - http://mxsimulator.com/screenshots.html)

Now you might download the demo or you might look at some videos but you would ask yourself the question... If the graphics are this "bad" why should the physics be any better.

Even if you did download the demo you see the menu is plain, you load a race and the bikes are plain, the gear is plain. There are no off-track objects etc etc etc...

Remember:
You have not seen the screen shots from the forum, you have not seen how good the game can look and really your thinking this is another amateur project when we all know it is not. It really is an amazing motocross simulator.

IMO MXS is at the stage where it can really be promoted and has the possibility to really expand
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I agree the graphics could be better, new shaders should be added (or modified shaders). I know this part would totally suck, but maybe look over the engine code to see if there is anywhere that could be made more efficient. Right now a track that is medium on objects/detail on high settings will run fine for me with my graphics all the way up. BUT, if you take a look at Far Cry and see how many objects, the amount of detail, and other things going on at once. Taking the same computer Far Cry would run pretty well with all of those graphical computations. If you made a track for mxs with all of that, a computer short of Tri-GT295's and an overclocked i7 would not even come close to running it. That shows how much an efficient engine can do. I don't really know anything about coding, but is this something you can do at this stage, or is that something you have to look at right off the getgo?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yomo

Post by yomo »

I have a feeling that because this is a simulator a hell of alot of calculations must be made.

Im sure it could be more efficient though but then again I have absolutely no idea about coding!
Lucas.715

Post by Lucas.715 »

also....a system where u can save your favorite servers....

for example....
when someone create a server...we had to put ip numbers right?...
so...a way that we can save it on game....

and about yomo...
jlv have a big expansion in game....he develop this so much with the time ...

i think he have to work in a good graphics but...togheter...he can change somes little problems, some bugs....and
MAKE 450's to us hahahaha....

sorry my fucking english guys .... ^^
aaaaaaa

i was forgoting...

and u idea about the menu setup...
where u can change the gear for example.... and in setup u can see what gear u are choosing.....

is a very good idea,....
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

Lucas.715 wrote:also....a system where u can save your favorite servers....

for example....
when someone create a server...we had to put ip numbers right?...
so...a way that we can save it on game....
This is already in there, just press page up and page down while your hovering over the server ip and it will scroll through all your previous server ip's you've gone to.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!