Front Wheel Lock

Post your suggestions here
Mikey

Re: Front Wheel Lock

Post by Mikey »

Boblob801 wrote:The front wheel lock is fine its just the collision bubble for it is a mile wide.
How does that matter?
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Mikey wrote:
Boblob801 wrote:The front wheel lock is fine its just the collision bubble for it is a mile wide.
How does that matter?
So when you ran people irl your front wheel doesn't lock? It's the entire point it matters 100%
Hi
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

Boblob801 wrote: So when you ran people irl your front wheel doesn't lock? It's the entire point it matters 100%
So in real life you bump another bike or object and instantly lose control of your arms and fall to the ground?
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Your wheel stops spinning when you hit a back wheel, no?
Hi
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Well, technically it spins the opposite way. But it's completely out of control either way.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

I'm going to assume JLV can't replicate that so the next best thing is to disable the stabilizers? Either way it seems pretty good the way it is. To be perfectly honest I feel as though updated collisions would fix nearly, if no all the problems you have with rubbing.
Hi
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

PINNEDTOWIN wrote:
Boblob801 wrote: So when you ran people irl your front wheel doesn't lock? It's the entire point it matters 100%
So in real life you bump another bike or object and instantly lose control of your arms and fall to the ground?
Maybe that's what happens to Jlv when he rides so he made the game like that :lol: Just kidding jlv :wink:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Ddavis wrote:
PINNEDTOWIN wrote:
Maybe that's what happens to Jlv when he rides so he made the game like that :lol: Just kidding jlv :wink:
That did happen to me once in real life. It was the morning practice at Ace MX in NY. I had just got out and was pretty quickly passed by a guy with white plates (expert class in my area). Being a fairly quick C rider always looking to improve, I tried to latch on to him and learn his lines. So for maybe a lap, I was right on this guy and was pretty happy with myself for hanging with him. Then we get to this section with a small double followed by an average sized double. He jumps the first one. I follow right on his back wheel. He jumps the next one and I follow right behind. Then, as I'm in the air, I realize something horrible is about to happen. He's going to come up short on the double. So I watch helplessly as he clips the landing pretty badly and loses almost all of his speed as I'm flying at him like a guided missile. Now it turned out I was so focused on his back tire that I landed with my front tire perfectly in line with his back tire. So when I hit him I was like a cue ball. He didn't even fall down, he just went shooting down the landing looking back trying to figure out what just happened. The collision took all of my momentum away and I just kind of flopped over. It was a little embarrassing. I'm pretty sure he was thinking something along the lines of "idiot C riders" as he rode away.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

This episode of storytime with JLV was brought to you by Miller Lite.
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

JLV really should write a novel.

That was an enthralling short story and I'd like to hear more.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I would read his book, because honestly he's the most mysterious man in MX Simulator, next to Mames Jatt.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

I don't see a lot wrong with it. In real life if you tag someone's rear wheel through a corner. You're going to bobble and lose your balance. While it doesn't always end up in you falling, It sometimes does. So it seems the best thing JLV could do is lower the stabiliser when it happens in game to recreate what happens in real life. The thing that shits me is when you don't actually hit them but still get the "wheel lock".
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Jlv... Shall we collaborate on a romance novel?
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Phathry25 wrote:This episode of storytime with JLV was brought to you by Miller Lite.
#pioneering
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
MX181

Post by MX181 »

Ddavis wrote:I would read his book, because honestly he's the most mysterious man in MX Simulator, next to Mames Jatt.
m121c has meet Matt though. I don't think anyone has met jlv if I'm wrong who has seen this "mysterious man"?