1stPersonCam Ground Inclination

Post your suggestions here
motorider157

Re: 1stPersonCam Ground Inclination

Post by motorider157 »

I love the idea of being able to move your head, but how much it was actually moving while riding would be destracting.. while jumping it looks AMAING!! Really wanna see it soon:) :mrgreen:
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

But in first person mode (I don't use it, FYI) you use the lean of the camera to know where the bike is under you. If your head moves separately from the bike, you'll have no way of knowing what the bike is doing beneath you.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

wheels1758 wrote:But in first person mode (I don't use it, FYI) you use the lean of the camera to know where the bike is under you. If your head moves separately from the bike, you'll have no way of knowing what the bike is doing beneath you.
Yes, and the physics with this game will make it hard, unlike reflex or something. If it'd be more "realistic" first person, you wouldn't see the front fender and the bars as much, or at all..?
metzger
Team: Privateer

Post by metzger »

Wahlamt wrote:
wheels1758 wrote:But in first person mode (I don't use it, FYI) you use the lean of the camera to know where the bike is under you. If your head moves separately from the bike, you'll have no way of knowing what the bike is doing beneath you.
You have lean indicator for that and you will adopt it believe me.

Yes, and the physics with this game will make it hard, unlike reflex or something. If it'd be more "realistic" first person, you wouldn't see the front fender and the bars as much, or at all..?
You have fov setting, and there is a fov calculator to see the correct fov for your monitor and distance to it. Now you see bars, fender etc. because you use very high fov and everithing is stretched and incorrect(you see objects like they are in front of you when they are next to you, the 45 degree turn looks like long straight etc...)

Really your head is not glued for the bike and it is now how it should be. Everyone riding a real motorcycle knows that. The immersion will be far greater then now if you have this option even if the laptimes are not that good.
beanz43
Team: Privateer

Post by beanz43 »

I totally love this suggestion and I hope it gets added to the game someday.

For me the issue isn't so much tilting my head as I lean the bike in game (although it does take its toll on my neck if I'm playing for a long time or really "zoned in") but more so the head shake. My head shouldn't follow exactly what my bike is doing. In real life your head stays relatively level, unless you're really bobbling it.

I like the idea of adjusting how much effect because maybe you want a little head tilt while your corner but maybe you want to keep a somewhat level head in whoops, breaking bumps, or if you're getting squirrely. I have a hard time saving it when my screen is bouncing violently. Who knows, maybe it won't work for the better.
BraapBraap

Post by BraapBraap »

I like the idea of first person being less shaky. The key cam looks cool but I don't think I could turn with it like that. I also can't play mx bikes for that reason.
Will Johns | Privateer
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

It would still be a cool feature, honestly, I think it'd be a great camera to have in replay mode.

Ride normally, go to replay mode. Watch it back with the ground inclination on. Be sick for virtual/hot laps and battle videos.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming