Will we ever see MXS on the unity engine?

Post your suggestions here
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Re: Will we ever see MXS on the unity engine?

Post by KaseoDip »

I don't think he should make an MXS 2. I don't know how to say it without sounding like a douche but this game has been almost the exact same for the past 3 years that I have been playing. I don't understand how all mx games can have online erode but sim cant. I feel like sim is the best feeling mx game but lacking the visual aspects of the game.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

I just meant I don't have the need to buy any other games unless jlv made an mxs2. Just paying him a compliment. Not saying he needs to make one.

Yes, I would like to see some updates to erode and a few other visual enhancements. Other than that, it's lasted 7 years for me so far. Best 40 bucks I've ever spent! Lol
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:Best 40 bucks I've ever spent!
Donate if you like My Creations
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

SMR 510RR wrote:I could relatively easily make a similar (much more basic obviously) script to scatter models with a black/white map to control where they are/aren't though.
I know very little about scripting so maybe this is a dumb question but would that be tied to 3ds max or would it be just a standalone script? If I understand correct what you mean than that would be rather excellent and a very welcome addition to the track making tools!
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

vmaki wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:I could relatively easily make a similar (much more basic obviously) script to scatter models with a black/white map to control where they are/aren't though.
I know very little about scripting so maybe this is a dumb question but would that be tied to 3ds max or would it be just a standalone script? If I understand correct what you mean than that would be rather excellent and a very welcome addition to the track making tools!
I may be wrong, but ddmx may have started something like this years ago. I feel like I may have used an early version that had some issues?
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:
vmaki wrote:
I may be wrong, but ddmx may have started something like this years ago. I feel like I may have used an early version that had some issues?
It would be standalone. There is the Pixelmap thing but it has some limitations and its kinda a PITA to use.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

considering JLV made MXS as a hobby I don't believe he would re-script the entire game to go into a new engine. It would be nice considering his engine is old, extremely CPU intensive and can not handle features like online erode or the graphic capabilities the Unity or Unreal engine. But i'd also have to agree that this was the best 40$ ive ever spent, thousands of hours of gameplay, community content.. etc
vmaki

Post by vmaki »

SMR 510RR wrote:
VMX_SKYmx99 wrote: I may be wrong, but ddmx may have started something like this years ago. I feel like I may have used an early version that had some issues?
It would be standalone. There is the Pixelmap thing but it has some limitations and its kinda a PITA to use.
I have tried the Pixelmap thing but simplifying things to just black and white areas on a picture and a value for density would make things much smoother to use.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Agreed Race. No matter how frustrated I get during races because of idiotic people, I still find myself coming back to the game pretty much every day.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

I think the issue is mostly from the creators point of view. I often feel like I could do more with less time if I had something like UE4 as an engine. General population on here doesn't understand it from that point of view.
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

SMR 510RR wrote:I think the issue is mostly from the creators point of view. I often feel like I could do more with less time if I had something like UE4 as an engine. General population on here doesn't understand it from that point of view.
I agree. I'm not saying it has to be that way, I'm perfectly capable of doing things the more technical way, but it sure is nice when things are made easier for us. Let the nerds (programmers) do all the work so all the cool kids (artists) can play! 8)

No I am not calling JLV a nerd..... eh... maybe a little!
m121c

Post by m121c »

I just want to share this because I think PBR shaders are absolutely amazing technology and really going to change things in the next upcoming years visually.

Here is my Honda that is set up for the old and traditional shader (Diffusion/Specular) and here it is in PBR NOT SETUP (Albedo/Specular).

Now for ones who aren't familiar with what PBR stands for (Other then Pabst Blue Ribbon) it means Physically Based Rendering. Read here: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-practice

It does some cool shit basically. Now again, this example is NOT setup to be physically correct within a PBR system, BUT even so, it still looks so cool in my eyes. Now I want to make it physically correct and see what it looks like...

VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Looks great mason. I have spent a lot of time with blender cycles and vray for 3ds max. For some reason I know more about vray and materials than I do modeling. Lol it's pretty awesome what can be achieved with an hdri environment light and a sun in vray.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

m121c wrote:I just want to share this because I think PBR shaders are absolutely amazing technology and really going to change things in the next upcoming years visually.

Here is my Honda that is set up for the old and traditional shader (Diffusion/Specular) and here it is in PBR NOT SETUP (Albedo/Specular).

Now for ones who aren't familiar with what PBR stands for (Other then Pabst Blue Ribbon) it means Physically Based Rendering. Read here: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-practice

It does some cool shit basically. Now again, this example is NOT setup to be physically correct within a PBR system, BUT even so, it still looks so cool in my eyes. Now I want to make it physically correct and see what it looks like...

[img]https://i.gyazo.com/bd40426d8b46704e0ab ... d7.jpg[img]
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/54fe240702657ccf3cf ... b0.png[img]
You can achieve that look in MXS with the right environment map
m121c

Post by m121c »

DJ99X wrote:
m121c wrote:I just want to share this because I think PBR shaders are absolutely amazing technology and really going to change things in the next upcoming years visually.

[img]https://i.gyazo.com/bd40426d8b46704e0ab ... d7.jpg[img]
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/54fe240702657ccf3cf ... b0.png[img]
You can achieve that look in MXS with the right environment map
Can you show me an example? I have tried time and time again and everything I do just seems to fail in MXS. I have tried for ages to try to get that polished T-Clamp look, but always turns out looking like a glossy grey blob.