Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
perthyz85

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by perthyz85 »

some simples ones like hands actualy touching the bars on the head cam view a bike editor like mx vs atv untamed i dont know if this is already out but 450s would be awsome
Wilson
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilson »

Some guy over at mgf said that there needs to be a tutorial from the creator explaining whats better to do and what you should stay away from. Maybe like a training option on the main page and it takes you to a test track that you(JLV) makes that has goals to complete. each time you complete a goal 2 tracks are unlocked...idk just an idea.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

That is a good idea. Sort of like the half life hazard course.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

yea exactly, it would also keep people from givng up the first chance they get.
INVADEtheLINE

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

Yeah, I'm not sure how many people have played ATV Offroad Fury (PS2), but they had a tutorial mode that taught you how to ride and everything, and once you completed it, they gave you like 2 new quads. IMO- if you make the tutorial on a 125, you should unlock 250's, unless you've thought about making it unlock the 450's (eventually).

Just my 2 cents...
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

i was thinking of some other things that this game really needs. one, it the rider needs to have a shadow and other objects need to produce shadows. the other thing is the physics need to allow for better handling on braking bumps even at a lower stability. that way we can start making more realistic, rougher tracks.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You can make shadows for objects now. You just need to use Povray
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

i'll have to learn that, but the rider definitely needs a shadow.
moorin

Post by moorin »

coming from a motocross and trials background i was hopeless at motocross, i use to have a sx125 and i was about 5 foot tall and i was crap. i jumped on this game thinking it was going to be easy but it isn't its taken me around 5 months of playing to get use to it and then am at least 6 seconds behind the racing guys, i just wish the noise was better with pops and bangs and a realistic rev limiter and the two strokes sound crisper. i also want the rider lean to come out very soon i think out of everything this is the main thing the game needs :lol: and also i would love to try and make a track but the creator is too hard and whats beta testing and how do you make textures and starting gates? isn't there a way to simplify this? i have started skinning some bikes or at least changing some skins but i really need to get my head round the "behind the scenes" of the game and create some good tracks.

i will get better at riding with some more practise and hopefully i will start racing soon!
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Theres a editing page on the website.

Go here:

http://mxsimulator.com/editing.html
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

don't know when the next update is coming but i just thought of some different things. There should be pros that you can race against. instead of just any old joe schmoe. i know that you can have up to three different rider skins and bike skins, but with a 20 man gate you would have like 3 ryan villopotos. if it could go up to rider-alt40.png (or however that works), that would be sweet.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

ddmx488 wrote:don't know when the next update is coming but i just thought of some different things. There should be pros that you can race against. instead of just any old joe schmoe. i know that you can have up to three different rider skins and bike skins, but with a 20 man gate you would have like 3 ryan villopotos. if it could go up to rider-alt40.png (or however that works), that would be sweet.

Problem with that, is that you need to load a LOT of textures, and that's not easy on a lot of computers.

With the tracks that will be coming out, and some that are already, they are already packed with textures and decals, so any more will pretty much kill my computer.

One nice touch though, is instead of having the number represent the rider, you could put a name tag thing also.
SHANO

Post by SHANO »

I finally bought the game... Now

Unless someone can explain how this makes sense.... whats with the reverse stearing, it seems backwards no? Right now after a crash I have to turn left if I want to go right and right if i want to go left. Once i get up to speed its normal aka, left goes left woohooo! In the options I turned the reverse stearing off, and at low speeds left goes left, right goes right, but once up to speed left goes right. I can't emphasize how frustrating this is. I'm almost giving up because this is so annoying. So I ask can this be changed so pushing left makes the bike go left. Anyone else?

-SHANO
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I've gotten used to it. But it's realistic.

It doesn't take long though. You shouldn't ever go slow enough for the steering to go like that anyway, and when you crash, just wait for the bike to turn around and stand up and then pin it for a second to get up to speed.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Riding my brothers 'Extreme Single Track' track, there is definitely a problem with that slow speed steering. I go into the sharp corners, and the steering locks up, causing me to go over the berm. Thats not right