Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

haha well its name is butt kicker and i didnt see anywhere to put it and the little knob to tighten it i just assumed it shoots into your back or somthing haha
Layden

Post by Layden »

I'd suggest making the dots on the mini-map a different color of those who have not finished the race so you're not waiting on a restart if they have decided to just sit there while others are making victory laps.

One more.. Lan play. It would be awesome to be able to play this at a lan party.

Oh and could someone recommend a good book for a beginner to learn to write code for a game like this. I'd also like to know the background of JLV. Like if he used to work for a gaming company or what. I got a 11 year old that is interested in how one guy could write a game this good.

Layden
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Re: Lan

That is possible. Just run the server off a computer on your network, and just get everyone to connect to its local address (eg 192.168.0.5 or whatever)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I agree on the different colors for finished riders on the mini map. Lots of times most people have finished the race but you don't know who didn't finish and they could be sitting on the track afk or something.

Is there a image file for the arrow indicator on the mini map? If there is I would just make it a different colored dot, sometimes the arrow is kind of big and blocks other parts on the map.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Good point about changing the color for finished riders. The arrow is drawn with vectors so it can't be changed easily.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

or maybe you could do liike whever is in like 2nd red and 3rd blue color because you can see how big of a lead you have by juts looking at the map?
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think that's too complicated, just have how it is now during the race (everyone white) then at the end have a different color for who's already finished.

I was thinking about this, would it be worth it to have object specific environment maps? One way I think it could be used would be for water objects. Only thing is that it would pretty much be the same as texturing the plane since you would have to take a shot of the surroundings for the environment map anyway. But when you texture it like that it doesn't look like it's actually reflecting, or changing when your position from it changes.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I think maybe in the editor you can choose a a few stadiums like MvA for SX.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Another reason for having different colors for the dots representing riders on the map is that it will make it easier for lappers to know who to let by, and who they are racing against that is on the same lap.

When everyone lapped me, it was easy to get out of the way for everyone. But now that about half the people lap me in a race, it is sometimes confusing. I don't want to mess up other peoples' race, but sometimes being over-cautious I let by other noobs needlessly.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Axle McOctane wrote:Another reason for having different colors for the dots representing riders on the map is that it will make it easier for lappers to know who to let by, and who they are racing against that is on the same lap.

When everyone lapped me, it was easy to get out of the way for everyone. But now that about half the people lap me in a race, it is sometimes confusing. I don't want to mess up other peoples' race, but sometimes being over-cautious I let by other noobs needlessly.
Why colored dots? How about a blue flag? ;)
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

but people dont even pay attention to the yellows :wink:
only one to win something real from the game!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

This is more of a site suggestion but I would love to have a section for recognized creators, or the equivalent of that. Much like MXHQs' sub-forum.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Jones221 wrote:but people dont even pay attention to the yellows :wink:
What yellows? LOL

I'm sure it could be coded that if the blue flag is flying for you for x amount of check points and you don't let that guy past you get docked a lap, or x amount of time... So many options here. I was trying to get at the fact we need blue flags. And an online lobby. More tuning options. Pickable gates. New menus.... :)
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

they culd make it if u jump on a yellow you get penalized like real life
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Phathry25 wrote:
Jones221 wrote:but people dont even pay attention to the yellows :wink:
What yellows? LOL

I'm sure it could be coded that if the blue flag is flying for you for x amount of check points and you don't let that guy past you get docked a lap, or x amount of time... So many options here. I was trying to get at the fact we need blue flags. And an online lobby. More tuning options. Pickable gates. New menus.... :)
Wait..Why? If you're fast enough to lap someone then you should have no problem passing them <.<
I get yellad at all the fricking time when I ride and someones about to lap me, a blue flag doesnt mean you should go to the outside or anything, just keep your line and dont block.