Traction

Post your suggestions here
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Traction

Postby Finalmushroom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:14 am

Hello all,

I've attempted to look into traction in this to fully understand it will help me ride better.

In this game the low speed traction seems slippery but when you're at speed its wonderful (Track conditions obviously vary).
But if you come into a tight, slow corner you seem to lose the front wheel and then of course are those funny times when the front tire just locks and slides like an ass hat. Why is the traction set up like this? Is it some kind of negative to have the traction at higher speeds feel the way they do?

Note: I'm not crying about the traction and please don't mention how back in your day (2011) when the tracks were like glass. lolol. I can't stand that shit. I'm just trying to fully understand the games physics is all so be civil.

Love,

Jake

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Traction

Postby jlv » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 am

If the traction is set to ramp up at higher slip speeds* you'll get there quicker if the bike is moving fast since a small slip at high speed will result in higher slip speed that it would at a lower speed.

* "slip speed" meaning the speed of the contact patch in relation to the ground, where zero would be no slip at all.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

Return to “Suggestion Box”