Crashing

Post your suggestions here
christianjonse
Team: Privateer

Crashing

Post by christianjonse »

I hate when we start off the starting gate we get goin and if someone else falls then makes a domino affect. Please make the crash tolerance less like if you barley hit someone either they fall or we both fall. It’s anoyying. Love the game! Best mx game ever made but if the crash tolerance was lower it would be awesome!
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Crashing

Post by 808 »

You're thinkin of front wheel lock. Sorry buddy but this is a war that you can't win.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Front end lock was removed years ago. The stabilizer is disabled. The fix is to get gud and run loose stability settings so you're used to low stability.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

You also gotta think about how insane mxsim starts are period. I mean, if you took a video of an mxsim start, and tried to remake the same start irl, you'd think everybody in that real life start is mental. Another fix is to not start like a maniac but it'll never happen.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

808 wrote:Another fix is to not start like a maniac but it'll never happen.
Well.. there are a few.. but not enough... People seem to need a manual on how to operate their brain sometimes.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Wahlamt wrote:
808 wrote:Another fix is to not start like a maniac but it'll never happen.
Well.. there are a few.. but not enough... People seem to need a manual on how to operate their brain sometimes.
If i could change something about starts to make it less chaotic, it would be to keep the stabilizer constantly on for the first 10 seconds of the race so nobody will lock up in the first turn, OR to punish you alot worse for crashing on the start, like if you crash within the first 10 seconds you stay there for like 15. It'll make people think twice about using other people as the first turn :lol:
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

Why not make bumping and take outs more resistant instead of cartwheeling death rolls like a well rehearsed soccer player does whenever touched. Add a bunch of dirty riding tactics for good measure by some competitors who obviously exploit the game and get away with crap might be one way of eliminating a number of headaches and protests to sort afterwards for not only series hosts but also for those competitors who sacrifice their time to compete for hours in events at times early into the next morning to help supporting their interests and justify their presence each week since frustration and luck plays a part.

How many riders results are affected by these factors and competitors short changed for their efforts bcoz of others? From an outside point of view why not penalize the one who bumps the other (or both parties if not possible for one) by slowing them down for 10-15 seconds before they can speed up again, or even after 2 bumps in a race the bumper gets penalized at the end of the race for added overall time so he knows he needs to behave. 1st bump is a yellow card, 2nd one is a red card. Yeah this is moto but without better rules implemented mofo's will continue to mess with others in this game that questions others "will" to participate. I see it often.

Otherwise make it harder to knock anyone off too easily if bumping in sim is supposed to mimic real life racing accurately. Failing that why not trial "collisions off" for a couple of rounds so its fairer for all and results turn out more accurately based on players better abilities rather than bad luck forced upon on them by others intentions?

Flame away but also provide your ideas for logical solutions also :mrgreen:
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I legitimately cannot even fathom what that second sentence is supposed to mean.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

TM_Infidel wrote: Add a bunch of dirty riding tactics for good measure by some competitors who obviously exploit the game and get away with crap might be one way of eliminating a number of headaches and protests to sort afterwards for not only series hosts but also for those competitors who sacrifice their time to compete for hours in events at times early into the next morning to help supporting their interests and justify their presence each week since frustration and luck plays a part.
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

thought that might stump you man, basically there seems to be a lot of messing around dealing with protests and frustration from those who are purposely getting knocked off by others for any reason so why not change to higher resistant values "full time" so you don't fall off so easily when punted or blindsided.

If you hit someone on purpose and auto penalized n real time rather than deal with it later on it just might change racing habits more fairly. I don't really know the answer I'm just throwing ideas out there from viewing race vids. Some new strategies could help ease some frustration.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TM_Infidel wrote:thought that might stump you man, basically there seems to be a lot of messing around dealing with protests and frustration from those who are purposely getting knocked off by others for any reason so why not change to higher resistant values "full time" so you don't fall off so easily when punted or blindsided.

If you hit someone on purpose and auto penalized n real time rather than deal with it later on it just might change racing habits more fairly. I don't really know the answer I'm just throwing ideas out there from viewing race vids. Some new strategies could help ease some frustration.
I'm not a good racer, so please, don't take away what I'm actually good at, putting others on the ground :(
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

How do you determine which rider is hitting the other with ill intent?
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

KTM57 wrote:How do you determine which rider is hitting the other with ill intent?
tap into their mics
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Maybe we can go along with the vocal part of the racing community and pick a more Francophobic approach.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

maybe we can make it possible to land on the back wheel without instantly needing medical attention