Please move the dabb Notification to bottom center of screen.

Post your suggestions here
crimsom

Please move the dabb Notification to bottom center of screen.

Post by crimsom »

I would like the dabing notification to be move to bottom centre of the monitor below the rider. I don't know how many times I've crashed looking top left at the crappy words. The default models are incredibly hard to tell when dabbing and the Gray font is just as bad

Suggestion:

-Include a red Dot or red mini icon bottom middle below the rider.
-Have it toggelable in menu for good players who can remember easier if they are dabing or not.

This is my one major gripe with the game so far, and it would be easy to fix, I have a few other suggestions I will post separately but this one consistently tilts me.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Please move the dabb Notification to bottom center of screen.

Post by Wahlamt »

If you go back the when it was introduced you had 2 other versions before it, which were much easier to tell, but it was just an annoying thing. So by popular demand it got changed to this. If you want to use low poly models (I guess it lags for you otherwise), download some older models and use. It'll be easier on the computer compared to new ones.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Idk about anyone else but honestly imo you should just be able to feel it in the bike and how it tracks through turns or in the air. At least in my case thats how i keep track.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

D_ROY178 wrote:Idk about anyone else but honestly imo you should just be able to feel it in the bike and how it tracks through turns or in the air. At least in my case thats how i keep track.
Agreed. The only time I look up to check it is when I’m at the start gate
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Once I have scripting done in the client I'll move the HUD code into a script so it can be completely customized.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
crimsom

Post by crimsom »

Thank you!
DariusP8
Team: Team Nami

Post by DariusP8 »

jlv wrote:Once I have scripting done in the client I'll move the HUD code into a script so it can be completely customized.
Does this mean a new snapshot or update soon? :D
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Still have a lot of work to do on it. Probably going to post something that at least has enough scripting to do a scoring tower fairly soon.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jay

Post by Jay »

So is that scoring tower going to help with erode visibility and general playability of erode?
Jay

Post by Jay »

jlv wrote:Still have a lot of work to do on it. Probably going to post something that at least has enough scripting to do a scoring tower fairly soon.
sorry I forgot to quote you
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I don't check the notifications so quoting me doesn't matter. The scoring tower has nothing to do with erode.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Jay

Post by Jay »

rhe·tor·i·cal

(of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I assume you're trying to say "don't add any other features until erode is perfect". If I do that it's not likely that I'll ever do anything besides endlessly adding fruitless erode updates. I've been promising Wheels a working scoring tower for years now!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

jlv wrote:I assume you're trying to say "don't add any other features until erode is perfect". If I do that it's not likely that I'll ever do anything besides endlessly adding fruitless erode updates. I've been promising Wheels a working scoring tower for years now!
Unfortunately Wheels won't be around to use or see it as he's moved on.

Not looking for endless erode updates, but a lighting update to see erode and also drastically improve the visuals of the game for all creators that are currently active as well as the players racing actively I would think would be a massive priority.

Feeling left on an island without a boat and I used my last phone call to a dude with a Yacht that is taking his homie on vacation instead of picking me up.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

checkerz wrote:
jlv wrote:I assume you're trying to say "don't add any other features until erode is perfect". If I do that it's not likely that I'll ever do anything besides endlessly adding fruitless erode updates. I've been promising Wheels a working scoring tower for years now!
Not looking for endless erode updates, but a lighting update to see erode and also drastically improve the visuals of the game for all creators that are currently active as well as the players racing actively I would think would be a massive priority.
@JLV
If we could also look to fix the jagged nature of erode in its current form that would be pipe dream. I don't think there's much else Chris could try at this point to resolve that issue in my opinion.