Casing stuff

Post your suggestions here
xd_gangster69
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:03 am
Team: Privateer

Casing stuff

Post by xd_gangster69 »

Alright so I feel that it is way to easy to be ejected off the bike and cartwheel across the country if you land like a millimetre from the tip of the landing. Countless times I will hit a jump perfect but will still get ejected if I'm off by like a hair. The other day I jumped onto a super cross table top out of the corner and got ejected. I landed on top like a normal person but still just got launched like a damn missile. this could be my issue but idk I still think it should be so easy to get ejected for the smallest stuff
uair
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:33 pm
Team: Privateer
Contact:

Re: Casing stuff

Post by uair »

Get better suspension
Image
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm
Team: Tegridy Farms
Location: Kansas

Re: Casing stuff

Post by KaseoDip »

Oh. You mean like this?

Image
xd_gangster69
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:03 am
Team: Privateer

Re: Casing stuff

Post by xd_gangster69 »

KaseoDip wrote:Oh. You mean like this?

Image
yep
Jrife548
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:15 pm
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Re: Casing stuff

Post by Jrife548 »

post for seth

Image

8)
#freesethgarrett | #freecolthans
bootsie wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:24 pmGood job Josh doesn't looks good
Image
Jack175
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:25 am
Team: YouTube Racing
Location: Toronto

Re: Casing stuff

Post by Jack175 »

Lean forward and sit when you land. It might depend on your suspension but it works great for me
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
Wahlamt
Posts: 7712
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Casing stuff

Post by Wahlamt »

Jack175 wrote:Lean forward and sit when you land. It might depend on your suspension but it works great for me
Same
sloas
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:57 am
Team: sbfr
Location: wa

Re: Casing stuff

Post by sloas »

turn your weight distribution up.
motokid499
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am
Team: Premium MotoSpodes
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Casing stuff

Post by motokid499 »

There's lots of things you can do as a player to avoid random falloffs, but we shouldn't have to do that. Point is, the inconsistant in JLV's method to calculate when a rider should have a falloff is just unnacceptable imo. If it was consistant, I wouldn't have a problem with getting legs off from small launches. There needs to be a better way to make the calculation of what entails a falloff and what doesn't. Sometimes I'll launch shit 400 feet and land terribly yet I won't get a falloff, other times you land absolutely perfect and get blown off the bike. You can't make this shit up, proof is in the gifs.
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 14165
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Casing stuff

Post by jlv »

It's actually very consistent. It's triggered by force and the relative velocity between the rider and bike. (Around 2015 I also made it less sensitive when falling less than 5 feet.) The problem is some things that look small create more force than you expect. So it's a balancing act to keep it from throwing you on small stuff while still making it throw you when you case something big. You make that point yourself when you say you can take unrealistically big hits. I can either raise the limit or lower it but I can't do both at once.

Something to keep in mind is "lean back" makes the rider push on the bars. If you do that while the front wheel is dropping it will create a large force when the rider hits the stop.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sloas
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:57 am
Team: sbfr
Location: wa

Re: Casing stuff

Post by sloas »

motokid499 wrote:There's lots of things you can do as a player to avoid random falloffs, but we shouldn't have to do that. Point is, the inconsistant in JLV's method to calculate when a rider should have a falloff is just unnacceptable imo. If it was consistant, I wouldn't have a problem with getting legs off from small launches. There needs to be a better way to make the calculation of what entails a falloff and what doesn't. Sometimes I'll launch shit 400 feet and land terribly yet I won't get a falloff, other times you land absolutely perfect and get blown off the bike. You can't make this shit up, proof is in the gifs.
If stupid fall offs are that common for you, i think its probably your setup. To add, like JLV said some things in the game look insanely deceiving in terms of velocity/height ratio. I've had dumb falloffs before, but if its that bad for you then it is definitely either your setup or how you ride.
motokid499
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am
Team: Premium MotoSpodes
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Casing stuff

Post by motokid499 »

motokid499 wrote:Sometimes I'll launch shit 400 feet and land terribly yet I won't get a falloff, other times you land absolutely perfect and get blown off the bike.
I'll leave it at this, whether or not the way you calculate is consistant or not, this is how it feels. I was more speaking for others, i know all the tricks to prevent falloffs from happening. My experience is sit down, lean forward, land on front tire. Thats how I prevent falloffs, but that should tell you the way it's calculated must be off in a way... We don't do that irl. I don't actually have much of a falloff problem, not unless I'm being dumb. I'm a top 10 rf pro for a reason, I've figured out how to get around the somewhat strange calculations. For new players though, there is nothing logical to them about having to sit down lean forward and land on front tire....
Tanner Rogers
motokid499
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am
Team: Premium MotoSpodes
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Casing stuff

Post by motokid499 »

jlv wrote:It's actually very consistent.
Sorry for DP, but I think it's also worth noting that the inconsistency I experience has only been since the addition of the seperate high and low speed adjusters. When I download version 1.8 for example, falloffs are actually more common, but I know exactly when I'll fall and when I won't. With the games current state, I'm STILL left surprised that I can land certain things, and die on others. I find that pre high low speed adjusters, it was still much more predictable, even though we got falloffs from smaller launches.
Tanner Rogers
Hi Im Skyqe
Posts: 3008
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm
Team: wat

Re: Casing stuff

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

It is a by product of the linkage change to progressive from linear. Not the high and low speed adjusters.
motokid499 wrote:
jlv wrote:It's actually very consistent.
Sorry for DP, but I think it's also worth noting that the inconsistency I experience has only been since the addition of the seperate high and low speed adjusters. When I download version 1.8 for example, falloffs are actually more common, but I know exactly when I'll fall and when I won't. With the games current state, I'm STILL left surprised that I can land certain things, and die on others. I find that pre high low speed adjusters, it was still much more predictable, even though we got falloffs from smaller launches.
JLV

You had a issue in the original release of the progressive linkage. What exactly was that if you can remember?

In my opinion the falloffs weren't as frequent when this version was in place once we found the need for a higher HSC in the shock. The rear seemed to firm up quite a bit before bottoming vs now.
jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 14165
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Casing stuff

Post by jlv »

A linkage is way worse for big hits. Ideally you'd want constant deceleration to spread the G force evenly throughout the travel. A progressive linkage works against you there.

I don't remember the issue. Might have been a bug in the pre-linkage code but I'd have to do a lot of searching to find what it was.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Post Reply