Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by Mbutler183 »

Wilmx829 wrote:a Baja 1000 race addon. With the entire race. one stage would equal 2hrs. you could save ur progress. just a though.
yea because that wouldnt take months and months and months to do.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

What about having rectangular maps?

Having a 256x4XXX map, instead of the regular 1024x1024 would allow for much more realistic enduro races.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Can't you do that already? I thought you could change the res of the map in the....crap now I can't find the file you set the terrain res...
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

It's the terrain.hf file that messes with that.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Yea, that is the file, but it needs to be a perfect square map. Having rectangles would help so much with some tracks. (Donington and Glen Helen are perfect examples).
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

No game uses a rectangular map. I cant see the point in it anyway. And most enduro races are a loop, so a square map is more realistic.

And there is no way you could make a 2 hour race like that. Battlefield 1943 that is coming out soon, uses a game engine that can have a 32x32km map. If you were making a straight line race, this still wouldnt be enough for 2 hours.
BenDexter

Post by BenDexter »

I think we need to come up with a solution to people continually re-starting.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Well, on our own servers, thats not so much a problem, cos you can just kick them if they piss you off :D
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

DJ wrote:No game uses a rectangular map. I cant see the point in it anyway. And most enduro races are a loop, so a square map is more realistic.

And there is no way you could make a 2 hour race like that. Battlefield 1943 that is coming out soon, uses a game engine that can have a 32x32km map. If you were making a straight line race, this still wouldnt be enough for 2 hours.

You could with MvA. (I believe), and most rally games are like that too. But Baja/stage races could benefit from a rectangular map, and I don't think it's too out of the question either. It would be extremely helpful for Daytona, Donington, and general replicas that don't fit right on a square one.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The terrain engine uses a quad tree subdivision algorithm which is square by definition. A non square map would only save you 50% for a 2:1 aspect ratio anyway. A better approach would be to put in some kind of compression or variable level of detail scheme so you could have a huge map while still keeping detail in important areas.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I can still use the rear brake when my right left is off of the footpeg. I can also shift when his left leg is out. And you call this a simulator! ...pfft... LOL :D
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

jlv wrote:The terrain engine uses a quad tree subdivision algorithm which is square by definition. A non square map would only save you 50% for a 2:1 aspect ratio anyway. A better approach would be to put in some kind of compression or variable level of detail scheme so you could have a huge map while still keeping detail in important areas.
Could you repeat that in english please? :lol:
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

Mbutler183 wrote:
Wilmx829 wrote:a Baja 1000 race addon. With the entire race. one stage would equal 2hrs. you could save ur progress. just a though.
yea because that wouldnt take months and months and months to do.
Yeah I know that but it was just an Idea.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Voutare wrote:You could with MvA. (I believe), and most rally games are like that too.
MvA is one a square map, it's just that you had different tiles to work with, and you could choose to use tiles that formed a rectangle if you wanted. This game dosent need that because it has basically infinate resolution to work with.

If you want rectangular tracks, just put em on a square canvas. It is a waste of processing power to have it there but thats the only downside.

EDIT - so how bout those savable bike setups...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

be able to save setups, so u can have different setups for each track. so u just can load and save them. dont know if its been suggested but i think it would be pretty handy.