Sensitivity Option

Post your suggestions here
Cooter181
Team: 180 Decals/TwerkTeam

Re: Sensitivity Option

Post by Cooter181 »

Ok, I got it now, it was resetting because the original "Joe Motocross" Config file was still in there. After removing that it stays every time now. Also, setting the max's to 2.000000 helped tremendously with how far it has to be pushed to be maxed out, now I can have the settings low where I like them without the controller being so friggin touchy. :D Kudos to you for your help Phathry!
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Cooter181 wrote:Ok, I got it now, it was resetting because the original "Joe Motocross" Config file was still in there. After removing that it stays every time now. Also, setting the max's to 2.000000 helped tremendously with how far it has to be pushed to be maxed out, now I can have the settings low where I like them without the controller being so friggin touchy. :D Kudos to you for your help Phathry!
With the max's at 2, can you actually reach max turning? Changing the settings in there don't affect how the controller acts, just how the game interprets the input. The controller will still only give a value between -1 and 1 per axis. Maybe you only wanted to be able to actively give 50% input on the turning axis, but doesn't that make whipping impossible?

You should try riding in arcade mode and giving max input with the controller to see how far the guy actually leans, then try it with the config file set back to -1 and 1 for min/max. I bet he leans nearly twice as far with the second option. So really, you are losing some performance, but if it works for you, great!
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

Yeah, it basically just increased the range of motion beyond the allotted amounts resulting in it being way less touchy. I have reset it to the -1 to 1 setting and just am playing around with the Adv. Stab. stuff.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Phathry25 wrote:So you want non-linear control inputs? Or at least the option to set them that way?
Do you know of a way to do this? I suggested this a year or two ago and didn't find out much. I would like the MXS response to be some tunable curve (i.e. cubic/etc that starts at -1, passes through zero and ends at 1, simple enough) or maybe better, do a symmetric bezier fit. This would take the linear input from the controller, assign it nonlinearity through whatever function you choose, and give sensitivity in the middle region, but quickness at the extremes.

The same principle would be nice for the shock resistance as a function of velocity to simulate valving.

I could, in principle, preprocess the controller input with a script (that would be a huge headache), but it would definitely be better if it were implemented in game for the benefit of everyone. For the shock valving, that is all JLV. There is no way to pull that off without changing the MXS source code.
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

Prologue wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:So you want non-linear control inputs? Or at least the option to set them that way?
Do you know of a way to do this? I suggested this a year or two ago and didn't find out much. I would like the MXS response to be some tunable curve (i.e. cubic/etc that starts at -1, passes through zero and ends at 1, simple enough) or maybe better, do a symmetric bezier fit. This would take the linear input from the controller, assign it nonlinearity through whatever function you choose, and give sensitivity in the middle region, but quickness at the extremes.

The same principle would be nice for the shock resistance as a function of velocity to simulate valving.

I could, in principle, preprocess the controller input with a script (that would be a huge headache), but it would definitely be better if it were implemented in game for the benefit of everyone. For the shock valving, that is all JLV. There is no way to pull that off without changing the MXS source code.
^^^This^^^
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Yeah, it would be nice.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I just had an epiphany , dxtweak2 lets you change the linearity of your controller axis'

You are all very welcome! :D
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

What is that Phathry?
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

Bummer, it crashes every time I try to save the tweak. The readme says it's not compatible with Vista, apparently that's true LOL.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

LOL. I'm still on XP so I don't have a clue, but try google for a Vista alternative...
Cooter181

Post by Cooter181 »

Will do and thanks for the info Phathry!