sit on the edge/side lean

Post your suggestions here
Kawasakis

Re: sit on the edge/side lean

Post by Kawasakis »

I would like more leaning stuff,first than any graphical thing or stock tracks. Because my pc sucks you know hah
But for real that would make so much more releastic game.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

Gotta say - I'm with kawa here.
Got a less than stellar machine, so the nice looks mean very little to me, but the physics, crashes, bikes, sounds etc, those are big for me!

Wish I made the calls as to what comes next ;-)
totorox

Post by totorox »

Side lean could be nice. I play this game for the physic before graphics and i'm not alone :)
I think rolling inertia is too big to be fast in little areas sometime, i don't know how it is handled but the pilot weight should be removed from the bike weight because of movements in some cases it should help a lot. ( and I have a hat buton free on my joystick waiting this kind of function ^^)
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Post by JETZcorp »

If it were me at the helm, the biggest priorities would be:

Displacements - I think there should be a structure in the game for different racing classes, and this would allow either yourself or modders to add different bikes in-game. Perhaps you could rig it so a bike can only be ridden on-line if it is "approved" by yourself and that sent downstream through new snapshots. That way nobody can make a 2lb bike with 1000hp and race it online. Only two types of bike is, quite frankly, pathetic given the vast array of machines that have been produced and ridden. It needs to be opened up to the community just like models and skins, except of course for that one layer of regulation to keep things fair online.

Physics Overhaul - The physics overall are great, but the addition of a rider leaning system (automatic, manual, or an option of the two) as well as some general fixes such as crashing and front wheel eccentricities that could use some re-working. And while that was going on at the bike-end, I'd want to see the dirt treated as much more malleable and 3D. I suspect that right now it's treated as a completely solid surface with varying values for grip, drag, and so on. I would like to see this done far more in-depth, where tires actually sink into the dirt depending on how hard it is, and interact with it based on an array of factors. The ground should react to the bike like we see in Reflex, and have things like grip and density and hardness and drag and roost type and even dust, all change depending on where and how the track is ridden. For example, how would MXS currently treat a gooey mud bog that's 6" deep? That kind of thing changes dramatically as it's ridden, and I think having a comprehensive terrain model would really put MXS on a new level.

Graphics Overhaul - For the most part, this means lighting. I can't really say much without some technical knowledge, but things like shadows cast by all objects, shadowing themselves, the terrain, and other objects around them. This would add immensely to the sense of depth in the game, and would allow us to read terrain much, MUCH better. As I was crashing my brains out at Glen Helen, I was thinking out nice it would be if the lighting were such that you could pick out details of the terrain without having to actually run over it, or the track-makers having to color in in manually. Also, I notice that objects like hey bales shine as though they've been covered in plastic wrap and doused in oil. A bale of hey shouldn't be shiny, so I think some work with the way light interacts with objects of various textures might be in order.

Sound Overhaul - This is self-explanatory, but I'd just like to emphasize that some of the little things, like the "tick" of the shifter moving up and down, and the rattle of the chain over bumps, really add to the immersion. Again, this is an area where Reflex (I only played the demo) really impressed me. Although the engine noise sounded rather sloppily done, the little details like chattering chains really impressed.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
dms

Post by dms »

I think it would help alot in the corners if you pressed the sitdab the rider would slide forward on the seat and stick his inside leg out and forward. Giving the front wheel more traction for better cornering and rut railing lol.
dms 56
MotoRockstar777

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

I think this would be the best thing to do to the game right now. You could just make it so the rider leans to left and right and have it so it doesnt add any traction or anything so it would just look better. Like lets say you have it so you turn and lean forward and back with the left analog stick then put the right anlog stick so the rider leans to the right and left of the bike. So then when you take screenshots and make videos it would look a lot more realistic. Then you could lean off the side of the bike when you scrub or when your going around corners. So it would just be like adding 2 new controls and it wouldn't do anything to the physics.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

i see no point in that, i dont want side lean like in reflex i just want to be able to sit on the edge of the seat in flat turns :wink:
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
MotoRockstar777

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

why then you could do this.
or this
You could just not move your rider as far off the bike if you you want him on the edge of the seat
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

That's exactly what I want in this game Moto, haha. It would make it the most realistic MX game ever and the funnest. Whipping like that would be so sweet.
magnusson

Post by magnusson »

i know jlv is going to make side lean sooner or later so i just have to say this is a good start what i am saying and he said that side lean messes up the physics or some shit(don't remember) so i want to see him test this first :roll:
My Release's on PureMXS
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Yeah. Just i want this first,i'm not interested in better graphics right now. Physics first!
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

magnusson

Post by magnusson »

amen!
My Release's on PureMXS
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

i my self would love to see this, but if jlv says its more important to do those shadow things and stuff, im pretty shure he knows what hes talking about, he made the game so far?
this is a HUGE step forward, but theres also a lot other steps to go, think about this, he aply's the lean system, it cause trouble with stabilizing system, he needs to fix that, still some errors (as he sayd its a long way to fix them)
, again trying to fix it and got it almost perfect, someone founds a bug etc....

im not saying hes not skilled enough for it, he sayd it
It causes oscillations in the stabilizer. It would be fixable but it would take plenty of time to get it working right. There are much more important things to work on now.
im with you, this kind of update to physics, but im also waiting this game to get the shadows real bad, that would improve it a LOT too (also many new grafical updates lead to happiness at the end ;) )

(sorry bad english day i know)
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I just realized, if JLV did add a side-to-side lean action, I don't know how I could control it. I'm all out of analog controls on my X-52. The ideal situation for me would be TrackIR, as I mentioned one time way, WAY back. I think that with that device, it would add immense immersion to MXS, because it would allow you (as the rider) to move in six degrees of freedom on the bike, and do so by moving in six degrees of freedom in your chair! Want to lean back on the bike? Lean back in real life, and MXS will respond. The technology is already here, and almost universal in PC sims. I've gotten to the point where I find Flight Simulator and Lock-On to both be almost unplayable without TrackIR to keep the immersion way up. I've also heard of other, cheaper solutions such as FreeTrack which I think lets you just use a webcam for much of the same function. Either way, I think that if we get the rider moving beyond the two degrees of freedom he has now, that would be the best time to implement head/body tracking functionality into MXS.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.