Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
Rallemx

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by Rallemx »

Phathry25 wrote:
Rallemx wrote:It might not be a suggestion but..Is the rider supposed to dab even when hes standing up?
Can you put your foot down when standing up?...

I can.
Really?
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

only one to win something real from the game!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

wheels1758 wrote:(this is more of a question, i know)

JLV, with this new roost system, is it conceivable to believe that we might have some roost that will stick to bikes/riders(and other track objects/models) in the near future? Obviously the game already knows how to compute where the roost lands when riding with erode, so it doesnt seem too difficult to apply that same concept to models(maybe im missing something, i dont know. just wondering really).
That would require multilayering of skins
honda150rider

Post by honda150rider »

sound update? make it sound like this =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Z8U70yyWs
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

With this roost how it works like particals could you do the same as rain but just coming from the top down?
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Wow Mikey that actually does sound like a brilliant idea. Maybe there would be a way that you could ummmm........rotate i guess.......the roost like 180 degrees around the top left corner if you will while looking at the left side of the bike, and then you would essentially have a rain cloud just in front and above you at all times. That actually prolly sounds like the dumbest description in the history of time but oh well :lol: Somebody will get what I mean
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

I agree with mikey... we need rain. And with rain, or shine; everyone needs tearoffs :wink: With this new roost system, maybe in the near future you could get the roost to stick just to the first person camera and with the click of a button, viola dirt cleaned with a new tearoff... And maybe for the editor make a rut/bump option so itll be easier to create rough tracks or a live update option so when your using PS you can just click the update button and the map gets updated to the new saved terrain. A better suspension so the bike will actually handle the bumps. But besides that, this game EFFING ROCKS!
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

If we get rain on this game I might work on the best muddy track ever :P. I have some awesome ideas and the best I know how to apply them to the game. :)
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Definitely a new collision system, the one right now is holding back objects a lot.

Track file editing ability in the editor, sometimes it's a hassle going out of the game, opening a file, editing the file, saving the file, then going back in game.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

i think if particles stuck to the screen it would lag cause with the roost when the particles hit he camera it laggs alot
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Falling "billboards", like you guys are thinking of them, would suck. It would be very easy to tell one from the other and it would look unnatural. Imagine a 4px by 4px single raindrop. I you dropped these as billboards that would be ideal. It would make it look much more natural since rain drops don't really vary much in style. You could have up to 256 of them, and that would take the same amount of processing power as 1 normal billboard.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Nah it wouldn't. You would have to calculate the motion for every single one of those particles. So, it would use 256x more processing power than a single rain particle.
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

i dont really understand what your saying but i think your saying they would all be the same size and would fall right after eachother but there isnt a way to randomize it to big drops to little drops to light rain and heavy rain randomly?
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

It would be better yes to use random, single rain drop images. That way it looks more random, and you can physically taper with each drops size and falling speed. If this is possible however I do not know.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

yes its possible, but easy? cant be.
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.