Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by tyskorn »

gdt phoenix wrote:The game should automatically detect rapid movement in the forks, and increase stability by, say, 10. Like, it would recognize it through whoops and increase stability, and then also through braking bumps. This would be to simulate the rider holding on tighter to the bike in rough situations.
jlv wrote:That's an interesting idea. The AI does something a little like that - they adjust the expected turning radius depending on the downforce. I have another idea to improve the stability that might work better though.
He was saying GTD's idea is interesting.
Dj 264
Team: Privateer

Post by Dj 264 »

jlv wrote:That's an interesting idea. The AI does something a little like that - they adjust the expected turning radius depending on the downforce. --->I have another idea to improve the stability that might work better though<------.
I was referring to the large part of the quote.
WhMx179
Team: Privateer

Post by WhMx179 »

Jones221 wrote:Like with Double D's and stuff?
hell yeah
gdt phoenix wrote:The game should automatically detect rapid movement in the forks, and increase stability by, say, 10. Like, it would recognize it through whoops and increase stability, and then also through braking bumps. This would be to simulate the rider holding on tighter to the bike in rough situations.
that sounds very interesting, and realistic
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

It would help or it would ruin physics..
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

ddmx

Post by ddmx »

It could never ruin the physics, unless you were going around a corner that was extremely rough. In this case however, no one makes corners like that because you could never ride it. Therefore I think this could only drastically improve the physics of the game.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

That is the best idea anyone has written in this thread for a LONG time. 8)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2009-12-16.exe
http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2009-12-16

I don't think it works that well. I just scaled the leveling and roll damping by the downforce on the front wheel.

You can attack whoops harder but it also slows the steering when you're braking. What I really have to do is make the stabilizer influence the steering even when the front wheel isn't touching the ground. Since it's not getting feedback under those circumstances it has to be more intelligent so it will need more work than just removing the test.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

It feels way weird. Yes you can blitz the whoops but coming into corners feels so weird.
only one to win something real from the game!
tyskorn

Post by tyskorn »

It was cool to be able to do the whoops,but I couldn't whip and leanring to turn all over again would be pretty frustrating for me,haha.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Just did a testing session at lodge forest...

Did five laps with normal physics then five with the auto stabilizing thingy.

With the normal physics my best lap was a 2:43.1

With the auto stabilizing thingy my best was a 2:42.1

Full second quicker.....but i didn't notice any difference in consistency (crashed every other lap).
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Well... I did 1 full lap as a test on Rough times. Result, 2:33.7 a new best for me. I crashed, and didn't even feel like I was pushing for a good time. Also tried Lodgeforest and it rode much better too.

Damn jlv this was exactly what the game physics needed! :D
If this doesn't work well in your opinion, I can hardly wait how it'll be when you get it to "work properly".

As a peculiar sidenote, I didn't really notice anything strange going an with the turning. Though perhaps this is because I don't use antilock brakes and very rarely turn at the same time I'm braking.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
tyskorn

Post by tyskorn »

If you're going to release this for reall you should make it so that we would be able to turn it on and off.
jd5820

Post by jd5820 »

JLV i think you can make third option for shading, so the shading will be just on bike and rider. No on track objects... Because game is verry lagging on my PC while playing on track with more objects. So i cant play with it :) . Thanks
Rm85#107

Post by Rm85#107 »

I just have to say that i think this game suxs at the moment these new suspension settings make me chrash all the time it was much better before or i don't whats happend to me suddenly i can go on a jump and crash even that i get a good landing..
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Rm85#107 wrote:I just have to say that i think this game suxs at the moment these new suspension settings make me chrash all the time it was much better before or i don't whats happend to me suddenly i can go on a jump and crash even that i get a good landing..
Have you tried adjusting the new suspension components? Like, spending quality time seeing what each component does? I, for the first time yesterday, spent time adjusting each component for outdoor and indoor use, and now I hardly crash at all.