Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
Servatis

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by Servatis »

ok so today i was goofing around a bit with manual shifting etc.

i decided to race an entire race in 5th gear... "nuts" you may think, but I got 4th place and had a fast lap of 1.10 on x1b.
while my fastest lap on auto shift is 1.07.

i just took the wide lines and tried to keep momentum, but still I find it very strange that i'm only 3 seconds slower than my fastest lap.
comming out of some turns i just grabbed the clutch got high rpms and then blasted away...

this doesn't seem right to me.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The auto clutch is a little too effective. If you want it to be slower turn the auto clutch RPM all the way down.

I can definitely see why woods riders like those revlock clutches.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

now im sure its been brought up but I like the most of us, is too lazy to skim through 165 pages of replys... but, before some of the new snapshots, when erode was on; didnt the shading map automatically update? I may just be dreaming by saying that. Is there a way that when erode is turned on to have the map automatically update the shadows/shading file so we dont have to go into the editor every 3-4 laps and click around with the texture tool?

Thanks for an amazing mx game JLV, keep up the great work!

iceman
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The shading used to be a seperate texture to the tiles in the old system, so it could be updated in real time. But the decal system burns the shading onto each of the tiles, so it can't really be updated in real time
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I know I have suggested this before,but I will try to explain better this time.
I think we need soft ground.Like in real life.I know that would require making a whole new erosion system,but I think it would make this game much more a simulator.I was looking at Factory BR's track and those ruts he has on it.What if he could have made thos ruts in the game just riding around.Not having to photoshop them in.

Kind regards. :)
Tyler 258
Team: Privateer

Post by Tyler 258 »

There needs to be something that will belittle the kids who cry when they dont win. Im so tired of starting a race with 8 people and by the end of the race 5 have disconnected and rejoined.. SO aggravating.
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

Like how nybrok and sie did it on 01? i left because im eating.
chez

Post by chez »

I agree brent I like siemenlinko and nybrok but if they aint winning they aint playing gets quite annoying.
KTM
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Can we use the spare alpha channel in the normal map for the environment map? That would allow skinners to choose whether they want reflections or not, and would also be good if we had mud on the fenders. Have it similar to the spec map, so 255 uses the models set value.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You would usually use the alpha from the normal map to hold the values for displacement mapping.

It would make more sense to make the specular exponent affect the environment mapping. It wouldn't be very hard to make lower exponents use blurrier environment maps by biasing the mip lod. The specular color could be made to affect the environment map too.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Displacement mapping eh. I thought you would normally have a displacement map or a normal map, not both? Examples of usage?

That was another thing on my mind, using the lower res mip maps for some environment maps. That would be good for when faces are in ambient lighting, so you can still see some detail. I was thinking about this from watching cricket of all things :lol:

(The orange reflection from the ground is on the batsman, for those wondering how cricket was involved)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You would think that since you can derive the normal map from the displacement map. That's not how it's usually done though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

ok, a bunch of us are having a brainstorming idea on xifre of this model/skin issue.

would it be possible to have a program/default where when you are missing someones (skin/Model) that you can select that it defaults to a temp skin in your personal folder.

for example:

jones221 joins the game on a XXX kx250f with XXXgear.

5 people have downloaded this skin, but now the people who dont, have a *setting* where all kxfs will default to teamgreen09 kx250f and also defaults to 2010 red one industries gear.

This would have the default setups cr,yz,kx,rm. Basically defaulting a missing skin to become a selected skin in your personal folder. So now anyone who joins a room that your missing there skin on a kx, automatically shows them on a teamgreen09 bike and red one industries gear (unless you have their skin)

seems possible?

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Sounds sick, but im more of a Crf guy ;)
only one to win something real from the game!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Sounds pretty awesome to me.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.